Re: Maintenance Spankings

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 56 , Oct 29, 2012
      Brayden:

      I dont even know where to begin with comments on what I just read. I know that your dad has various issues.... but to sit back and LET him not only buy a 3 1/2year old a gun - but to allow him to train your son on how to use the safety?

      I dont know who whould be spanked here, you for letting this happen, or your dad for doing it. Clearly, this is more than just a simple issue that we are talking about and that you clearly are taking too easy a time with. The fact that when in your father's care, your son is exposed to guns is clearly sending all of us the wrong message about your parenting judgement, your parenting skills, as welll as those of your father's. And if this is the way that your father acts with his grandchild, then there is no telling what he will expose your son to as Jordan gets older.

      How are you protecting your son from dangerous elements out there in society and to act appropriately when you ex[ose him to a grandfather that is clearly putting your son's life in jeopardy

      --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, Brayden Parker <brayden.parker0505@...> wrote:

      > I don't intend to spank them
      >
      > I can't control what his mother does I can however throw a fit when another man lays a hand on my child.
      >
      > And its not the schools job to paddle my kid. If they screw up in school and all you want to do is paddle them I'm sorry not your place to punish my kids.
      >
      > Give them detention, ISS, Saturday school whatever but your not hitting my kid.
      >
      > And I've said from the get go the ONLY time I will spank them is when they put their lives or somebody elses in danger such as drinking and driving etc.
      >
      > Some mistakes you can't afford to let them make. Some mistakes you don't want them to learn from. Some mistakes aren't worth making. It's not worth killing somebody from an act of stupidity. And playing with peoples lives isn't a risk or a mistake I'm willing to let my kids take.
      >
      > My dad and his brightness got my 3 1/2 yr old son a gun. So my son knows how to turn the safety on and off, how to load the gun how to cock it every little detail about guns he'll sit there and tell you.
      >
      > And he'll teach you how to shoot it. I'm little ticked off my opinion my 3 yr old don't need a gun and he def does not need to know how to use one.
      >
      > But say in a few years he shows a friend well too many times there has been trapped bullets and somebody gets accident shot because they think its unloaded and its not.
      >
      > Those type situations I'd spank them for
      >
      > Grades, attitude, curfew I got other ways to deal with that and none of that is worth hitting your kid over.
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Brayden Parker
      Message 56 of 56 , Nov 7, 2012
        Well I'm not a fan of spanking and don't plan on being a spanking parent unless my kids put somebody's life or their own in danger. Playing with peoples lives is a mistake one cannot afford to make and not a mistake I want them to learn from.

        But if they are in trouble will sit down talk about it I will give them a chance to explain see where their head was at why they did whatever it is they did. And based upon what they have to say will determine upon what punishment they will get.

        I mean maintenance punishments are stupid. That would be like I don't like the color shirt your wearing today so let me spank you for it.

        That can mess a kid up mentally and they will carry that into their adult life. You instill in them at young age that doesnt matter what you do because you will always be in trouble whether you did something wrong or not. So older they get they just stop caring to and do what they want.

        But people are stupid and think just because they are an adult makes them high and mighty and that they can do as they please. Its their child their house and nobody can tell them what to do.

        Watch your kid grow up to hate you or resent you for the hell you put them through. Watch their love life fall apart because the man or the woman can't deal with the insecurities or the disrespect or the not having any morals or goals or anything and its not that persons fault its their parents thats how they raised them.

        See I have all those insecurities. Not thinking I'm good enough, always afraid of failure, even when I do good always apologizing for something and one person really close to me has to deal with all that well he don't have to but he chooses to. He over the past 3 1/2 yrs has tried to reverse everything my dad did to me. All the psychological issues I have. I don't respect adults but adults haven't given me a reason to respect them or trust them. I have a view on all adults and sadly all but 1 has proven me right and even with pops we don't see eye to eye on some things and he'll be the adult and not say much of anything and I'll go writing a book on the subject he lets the cussing go to an extent. I met him not long after I turned 16 and had no respect for anyone not even myself. And he let the cussing go until it got to be every other word then just got told to watch it or tone it down and if I ignored his displeasure he'd just stop responding to me
        until I cooled off and could talk to him without every other would being the f bomb or something.

        But have to live with feeling like everyone is judging me. Struggle with blamming myself for every little thing in life as if everything is always my fault. Or always thinking people is mad at me when their not but by my asking and then double checking with the "are you sure" they get aggervated.

        You spank your kids for no reason you will mentally mess them up in their late teen early adult life.