Hi everyone

  • ivaro54
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 31, 2012
      I am a single man who may soon adopt an older son. I am pro-spanking, within limits, making sure it is done in a loving way, so that the child knows he/she is loved unconditionally after punishment. I am usually an understanding kind of guy, though I do expect that kids should behave! Feel free to say hi-all the best to everyone.

      Mike
    • John Jones
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 1, 2012
        Hello Mike,

        I have raised two boys and would share my thoughts should you wish to ask me how I approached it. Both of my boys grew into fine young men.

        John

        ________________________________
        I am a single man who may soon adopt an older son. I am pro-spanking, within limits, making sure it is done in a loving way, so that the child knows he/she is loved unconditionally after punishment. I am usually an understanding kind of guy, though I do expect that kids should behave! Feel free to say hi-all the best to everyone.

        Mike

      • Karl Essex
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 6, 2012
          Interesting decision for a single man to take on a child alone. Can you say more about it?  Or feel free to contact me directly.

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 17 12:08 PM
            Hi everyone,
            I'm Paul, I'm a dad of one teen and I live in dublin Ireland.
            I'm glad to have found a group of other parents who believe in good old fashioned discipline.
          • brayden.parker0505
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 18 2:10 PM
              Im brayden 19 will be 20 in couple weeks young dad of a 4 yr old who is me made over so needless to say have my hands full with that one.

              Then got my 11 month old who is walking now and into everything.

              Im not really a spanker though I have popped jordan once or twice past yr or so....he is my 4 yr old not enough to hurt him but scare him he knows when I get up he is in trouble. He knows he better get himself into his room and not to come out until I say so and the crying in the door frame with the daddy can I come out now gets hin nowhere.....

              Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

              I'm Paul, I'm a dad of one teen and I live in dublin Ireland.
              I'm glad to have found a group of other parents who believe in good old fashioned discipline.

            • Alice Webley
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 19 1:37 AM
                Welcome to the group Paul

                ________________________________
                I'm Paul, I'm a dad of one teen and I live in dublin Ireland.
                I'm glad to have found a group of other parents who believe in good old fashioned discipline.

              • Reggie Fane
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 19 4:48 AM
                  Welcome, Paul! I have been delighted by chats with a few oldfashioned Irish parents in the past. Is your teen male or female? How often are you punishing? Am a UK dad of a boy and girl now grown. We spanked.

                  --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, "strict_dublin_dad" <strict_dublin_dad@...> wrote:

                  > Hi everyone,
                  > I'm Paul, I'm a dad of one teen and I live in dublin Ireland.
                  > I'm glad to have found a group of other parents who believe in good old fashioned discipline.

                • Gary
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 20 1:28 AM
                    You are lucky becase Ireland is a beautiful country.
                    Gary

                    --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, "strict_dublin_dad" <strict_dublin_dad@...> wrote:

                    > Hi everyone,
                    > I'm Paul, I'm a dad of one teen and I live in dublin Ireland.
                    > I'm glad to have found a group of other parents who believe in good old fashioned discipline.

                  • strict_dublin_dad
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 20 2:10 AM
                      My daughter is 13, we discipline as necessary, that might be once in a forthnight or twice in a week depending on behaviour, attitute etc.
                      I'm afraid there are few old fashioned prents around these days which is why it is refreshing to join a group of real parents which is properly moderated.

                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 21 4:48 AM
                        Thanks, that sounds just how it should be! I hope you don't need to worry about marks being seen at school and busybodies interfering, but maybe you don't spank to that level. I believe Irish parents can legally spank, anyway?

                      • harkingabe@ymail.com
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 26 10:38 AM
                          i'm from ireland too. in some parts of the country its legal. i live out in the country and i know a lot of guys at my school get it. seen marks in gym class and stuff. so it depends where abouts you live in the country

                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 27 6:07 AM
                            Excellent! So you are young? What's your own view? Do you get it?

                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 30 12:00 PM
                              Yes it is legal, with regards to marks she wears a tracksuit on PE days and her uniform has a skirt that is knee length so no one can see the marks , and yes the strap and particularly the cane can and do leave marks.
                              Happy to chat more on YM anytime you wish.

                              --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, "Reggie Fane" <reginaldfane@...> wrote:

                              > Thanks, that sounds just how it should be! I hope you don't need to worry about marks being seen at school and busybodies interfering, but maybe you don't spank to that level. I believe Irish parents can legally spank, anyway?
                              >
                              > --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, "strict_dublin_dad" <strict_dublin_dad@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > My daughter is 13, we discipline as necessary, that might be once in a forthnight or twice in a week depending on behaviour, attitute etc.
                              > > I'm afraid there are few old fashioned prents around these days which is why it is refreshing to join a group of real parents which is properly moderated.
                              > >
                              > > --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, "Reggie Fane" <reginaldfane@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Welcome, Paul! I have been delighted by chats with a few oldfashioned Irish parents in the past. Is your teen male or female? How often are you punishing? Am a UK dad of a boy and girl now grown. We spanked.

                            • James Builder
                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 30 6:50 PM
                                cane sucks

                                ________________________________
                                Yes it is legal, with regards to marks she wears a tracksuit on PE days and her uniform has a skirt that is knee length so no one can see the marks , and yes the strap and particularly the cane can and do leave marks.
                                Happy to chat more on YM anytime you wish.

                                --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, "Reggie Fane" <reginaldfane@...> wrote:

                                > Thanks, that sounds just how it should be! I hope you don't need to worry about marks being seen at school and busybodies interfering, but maybe you don't spank to that level. I believe Irish parents can legally spank, anyway?
                                >
                                > --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, "strict_dublin_dad" <strict_dublin_dad@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > My daughter is 13, we discipline as necessary, that might be once in a forthnight or twice in a week depending on behaviour, attitute etc.
                                > > I'm afraid there are few old fashioned prents around these days which is why it is refreshing to join a group of real parents which is properly moderated.
                                > >
                                > > --- In teenage_discipline@yahoogroups.com, "Reggie Fane" <reginaldfane@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Welcome, Paul! I have been delighted by chats with a few oldfashioned Irish parents in the past. Is your teen male or female? How often are you punishing? Am a UK dad of a boy and girl now grown. We spanked.

                              • Terry Hunnam
                                Message 15 of 27 , May 2, 2013
                                  It does suck. It also stings like mad.
                                  Terry

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 2, 2013
                                    i know. it also marks too

                                    ________________________________
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 2, 2013
                                      I never got hit w a cane, my stepmom use a paddle. that really hurts, my dad use his hand. he is really big so it hurts bad too. bye.

                                      ________________________________
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 3, 2013
                                        There are a few ways of using the cane James. It can sting, or it can bruise deeply. The stinging method drives you crazy!

                                        ________________________________
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 3, 2013
                                          Hi Brandon
                                          What what I have seen of paddles, they look kind of brutal? they leave big ugly bruises?
                                          Terry

                                          ________________________________

                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 3, 2013
                                            Yes indeed. A wondrously  educational and deterrent sting

                                            ________________________________
                                            F.

                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 4, 2013
                                              yeah and in some parts of ireland like out here in the farm areas its real common too. been to a lot of showers after PE class with marks on my butt and i'm not the only boy in class who does.in big cities like dublin it is not happening as much as out here I think. and some schools have diff rules about it 2.
                                              Gabe

                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 4, 2013
                                                ok. dad only uses it one way and that one way hurts a bunch.

                                                ________________________________

                                                Message 23 of 27 , May 4, 2013
                                                  Hi Alice
                                                  I have not heard from you for some time!
                                                  Wondrously educational is a good phrase
                                                  Terry

                                                  ________________________________
                                                  Yes indeed. A wondrously  educational and deterrent sting

                                                  ________________________________
                                                  F.

                                                  Yes it is legal, with regards to marks she wears a tracksuit on PE days and her uniform has a skirt that is knee length so no one can see the marks , and yes the strap and particularly the cane can and do leave marks.
                                                  Happy to chat more on YM anytime you wish.

                                                  --- In mailto:teenage_discipline%40yahoogroups.com, "Reggie Fane" <reginaldfane@...> wrote:

                                                  > Thanks, that sounds just how it should be! I hope you don't need to worry about marks being seen at school and busybodies interfering, but maybe you don't spank to that level. I believe Irish parents can legally spank, anyway?
                                                  >
                                                  > --- In mailto:teenage_discipline%40yahoogroups.com, "strict_dublin_dad" <strict_dublin_dad@> wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > My daughter is 13, we discipline as necessary, that might be once in a forthnight or twice in a week depending on behaviour, attitute etc.
                                                  > > I'm afraid there are few old fashioned prents around these days which is why it is refreshing to join a group of real parents which is properly moderated.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --- In mailto:teenage_discipline%40yahoogroups.com, "Reggie Fane" <reginaldfane@> wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Welcome, Paul! I have been delighted by chats with a few oldfashioned Irish parents in the past. Is your teen male or female? How often are you punishing? Am a UK dad of a boy and girl now grown. We spanked.

                                                • Brandon Monroe
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , May 6, 2013
                                                    yeah i get bruises sometimes. sometimes hard to sit for couple days. bye

                                                    ________________________________

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , May 9, 2013
                                                      not pleasant Brandon. I sympathise with you

                                                      ________________________________
                                                      yeah i get bruises sometimes. sometimes hard to sit for couple days. bye

                                                      ________________________________
                                                      What what I have seen of paddles, they look kind of brutal? they leave big ugly bruises?
                                                      Terry

                                                      ________________________________
                                                      I never got hit w a cane, my stepmom use a paddle. that really hurts, my dad use his hand. he is really big so it hurts bad too. bye.

                                                      ________________________________
                                                      Yes it is legal, with regards to marks she wears a tracksuit on PE days and her uniform has a skirt that is knee length so no one can see the marks , and yes the strap and particularly the cane can and do leave marks.
                                                      Happy to chat more on YM anytime you wish.

                                                      --- In mailto:teenage_discipline%40yahoogroups.com, "Reggie Fane" <reginaldfane@...> wrote:

                                                      > Thanks, that sounds just how it should be! I hope you don't need to worry about marks being seen at school and busybodies interfering, but maybe you don't spank to that level. I believe Irish parents can legally spank, anyway?
                                                      >
                                                      > --- In mailto:teenage_discipline%40yahoogroups.com, "strict_dublin_dad" <strict_dublin_dad@> wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > My daughter is 13, we discipline as necessary, that might be once in a forthnight or twice in a week depending on behaviour, attitute etc.
                                                      > > I'm afraid there are few old fashioned prents around these days which is why it is refreshing to join a group of real parents which is properly moderated.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > --- In mailto:teenage_discipline%40yahoogroups.com, "Reggie Fane" <reginaldfane@> wrote:
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > Welcome, Paul! I have been delighted by chats with a few oldfashioned Irish parents in the past. Is your teen male or female? How often are you punishing? Am a UK dad of a boy and girl now grown. We spanked.

                                                    • Jono
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , May 9, 2013
                                                        my mum uses a belt and sometimes it leaves bruises.

                                                        Message 27 of 27 , May 11, 2013
                                                          only thing that has left bruises here is the cane.