Re: [teenage_discipline] Re: Hello

  • Brayden Parker
    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 1, 2012
      If I had a normal non-abusive dad then it would be a different story bout the way I feel bout discipline and his methods.

      But like with my son I don't spank him and as of now never will that may change as time goes on, but if I did spank would be more of a last resort and only if and when he puts his life or somebody elses in danger.

      If I am still financially supporting him then he will have rules to follow and consequences to face when he doesn't.

      Least while he's still in school, now if he looses his job as an adult then as a parent will be there to help him get back on his feet and do what any normal parent would do, rules would change a little for the fact he is a little older but he will still need to know its MY house and i don't ask for much but what little I do ask expect him to respect that if he don't then he can go find somewhere else to stay. Same if he gets a divorce and whatever the reasons will be for him needing to move back home.

      So yeah adults are still subjected to certain types of discipline just gotta kinda go by the rules of the house your living in.

      I moved out shortly after turning 18, but when I go home to see my parents I got certain expectations within that house even though I don't live there its my parents house, it can be annoying at times because I dont live there anymore yet get jumped on a lot for numerous things but can't rly do much not my house.

      Message 42 of 42 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi Catherine

        sorry to hear about your loss. That is never an easy thing to cope with.
        If you want to talk about it, contact me direct. I am always here as a shoulder to cry on

        Love
        Dorothy
        dorothyleslie387@...