Is anyone here PRO CHOICE???

  • pixiechylde
    Message 1 of 302 , Aug 3, 2000
      How can you have a debate with only pro lifers??
      From the posts i read it looks like you guys think
      that you are better then people who "think for
      themselves" and are pro choice. I AM not only thinking for
      MYSELF but for other women in the US who are not
      fortunate enough to be able to have a child. There are too
      many unwanted children in the world as it is. What
      about a women who gets AIDS from some guy and finds out
      shes pregnant do you expect her to bring a child into
      this world when she and the child will suffer?? What
      about a women who's life is in danger from the child
      birth she should just risk her life so she can have a
      baby?? so the baby can grow up without a mother knowing
      that she sacraficed her life for the childs. And what
      about a women who is brutally raped and gets pregnant
      you expect her to have that child?? I'm not justifing
      (sp?) the death of an unborn child I am just stateing
      that there are certain circumstances where abortion is
      needed. <br><br>Also I do not agree with partial birth
      abortion i thnk that there should be a limit. I know that
      it must be a hard decision and one that you have to
      live with for the rest of your life. Im just glad that
      i didnt have to face it myself. But im sorry for my
      best friend who has. <br>-Terry<br>"Keep your laws off
      my body"
    • doesyourpcneedatuneup
      Message 302 of 302 , Jun 28, 2004
        --- In teenabortiondebate2@yahoogroups.com, Debbby88 wrote:
        > Ive been debating abortion and thinking about it for nearly 8
        years...

        Welcome to the club.

        Have you heard the term "cognitive dissonance"?

        It is used to describe the malady of living in a Pro-Choice,
        Abortion on Demand, nation with the knowledge of the abortion
        industry's activities and not being able to reconcile that activity
        with the rest of our society's activities.

        I have studied and researched this area for a long time myself,
        looking for a way wto live comfortbaly in the USA with the current
        legality of abortion on demand, and it just does not happen foe me.

        My desire to produce for such a system is so limited because of this
        legalized business.

        I haev no desire to be associated with Pro-Choice people, and I know
        after 30 years of this acitivity the possibility that I am not
        somehow seeing these people in scoiety is very slim on a day to day
        basis.

        I think it tarnishes our entire nation so badly and makes us very
        untrustworthy of our own people.

        I do not even recite the Pledge of Allegiance now because it does
        not ring true enough to me.

        Our system is fast becoming antiquated here with this abortion on
        demand practice.

        We sing a national anthem that is over 200 years old.

        Imo, we are stuck in the mud of old glory and remembrance and we are
        not facing up to the realisms of today's society.

        I have noticed much correlation with 1973's Supreme Court decision
        and other malevents within our nation. Increased single motherhood,
        more divorce, and now same-sex marriage.

        Who really wants to pay taxes to such a government?