2696RE: [Tecplot_Talk] Averaging of LES data set.

  • Alter, Stephen J. (LARC-D305)
    Jul 9, 2008

      v10 had a statistics addon that could be activated from the tecplot.add file. Simply uncomment the $!LoadAddon and the statistics addon will run, and you can compute a mean value. Conversely, if you want to compute a mean over the entire data set for each point, you can try the following:

      #!MC 1000

      $!PromptForTextString |ZonesPerSoln|

        Instructions = “Enter the number of zones per solution:”

      $!VarSet |NumSets| = (|NumZones|/|ZonesPerSoln|)

      $!Loop |NumSets|

        $!VarSet |EndZone| = ((|loop|-1)*|ZonesPerSoln|)

        $!VarSet |BeginZone| = (|EndZone|+1)

        $!Loop |ZonesPerSoln|

          $!If |BeginZone| == 1

            $!DuplicateZone

              SourceZone = |loop|

          $!EndIf

          $!If |BeginZone| > 1

            $!VarSet |NextZone| = (|BeginZone|+|loop|-1)

            $!VarSet |LastZone| = (|ZonesPerSoln|*|NumSets|+|loop|)

            $!ActiveFieldZone = [|NumZones|]

            $!Loop |NumVars|

              $!AlterData [|LastZone|]

                Equation = “v|loop| = v|loop|[|NextZone|]+v|loop|[|LastZone|]”

            $!EndLoop

          $!EndIf

        $!EndLoop

      $!EndLoop

      $!Loop |ZonesPerSoln|

        $!VarSet |LastZone| = (|ZonesPerSoln|*|NumSets|+|loop|)

        $!Loop |NumVars|

          $!AlterData [|LastZone|]

            Equation = “v|loop|=v|loop|/|NumSets|

        $!EndLoop

      $!EndLoop

      This should provide you a simple macro that will enable you to average all the data across multiple solutions assuming each solution has the same number of zones, and that each zone in that set corresponds to an identical zone in another set in computational coordinate limits.

      Good Luck.