2679RE: [Tecplot_Talk] Re: extract a sub-zone from a 2D plane

  • Thiago Boeing
    May 14, 2008

      Dear Chris,

      This 2D plane was not generated from slicing other larger zone. Maybe there is other solution to my problem. Let me explain it.

      Say there is a large 2D zone where a property field (temperature field) is evaluated. I would like to obtain an area weighted average of this property evaluated in a specific region of this larger zone.

      Could I create a new zone (smaller) and interpolate the property field between the source zone (larger one) and the destination zone (smaller one)? Does this operation supply what I request?

      Thank you in advance for your attention.

      Thiago.

      Thiago Dutra - Mechanical Engineer
      POLO - Research Laboratories for Emerging
      Technologies in Cooling and Thermophysics
      Department of Mechanical Engineering
      Federal University of Santa Catarina
      88040-900 - Florianópolis - SC
      BRAZIL
      Phone: (55) 48 3331-9397 / Fax: (55) 48 3234-5166
      e.mail: dutra@...