      Von: Tecplot_Talk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Tecplot_Talk@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Alter, Stephen J. (LARC-D305)
      Gesendet: Freitag, 18. April 2008 16:23
      An: Tecplot_Talk@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: RE: [Tecplot_Talk] 3D particles

      Jens,

      The scatter layer is not needed for the particles. If you input the coordinates of the particles as a zone, then the scatter layer will show their positions, but the scatter symbols are not needed for the tracing of a streamtrace. Rather, streamtraces can be animated with dashed lines or other objects. While it is true that scatter symbols and streamtrace objects appear to have the same shape, that is where their similarity ends. Please do not confuse the scatter symbols from the streamtrace objects.