2667RE: [Tecplot_Talk] 3D particles

  • Alter, Stephen J. (LARC-D305)
    Apr 18, 2008

      Jure,

         You can input the coordinates of the particles using a streamtrace, and plot their path with a line, or an object such as a sphere. Animating streamtraces then provides the movement over time. The zoom and panning is only accomplished with animation using a macro. It’s fairly straight forward, but takes some time to determine the offsets to use. Of note are the macro commands to use:

      $!Loop

      $!Rotate3DView

      $!View Translate

      $!View Zoom

      $!View SetMagnification

      Combining these with $Export commands enables output to a file. Using this list enable rotation, translation, and zoom. You will also need to set up the timing of your particles with the $!StreamTraceAttributes, and modify the TimeAnchor for each successive time step. There used to be a way to determine the actual limit of time to step through, but I can’t seem to remember what it is; it’s been a long time since I’ve done this.

      Also note that if you have particles of mass, you can use the Analyzer of Tecplot to plot their trajectory with drag and quasi-mass loss. The quasi part is due to the flow not reacting to the addition of the mass, from the mass of the particle being reduced.

      Good luck.