2656RE: [Tecplot_Talk] Re: Problem with Tecplot and Unsteady CGNS

  • Vaz, Guilherme
    Jan 29, 2008

      Jay,

      I am doing the CGNS file by the book ( I think)! At least according to the CGNS manual and according to an example that I got from somebody else that does work with Tecplot.

      I can send you a very small CGNS file, where the links to other files are not 100% correct, or the complete set if want. I am using Tecplot360, and I am not sure if this matter, I use a lot of links to other files in order to save memory.

      I send you some “PrintScreens”…

      What am I doing wrong????

      Thanks again.

      Guilherme

      Ps: I tried Windows, Linux, different cgns libraries to create the CGNS file (2.3, 2.4)…

      Dr. Ir. Guilherme N.V.B.Vaz

      CFD Researcher

      R&D Department

      MARIN

      P.O. Box 28
      6700 AA Wageningen
      The Netherlands

      Phone: 0031 317 493 325

      Fax:     0031 317 493 245

      General Conditions at www.marin.nl

      Hi Guilherme,

      I posted a quick description of what's needed to load unsteady CGNS
      files into Tecplot on our new TecplotTalk forum at
      www.tecplottalk. com/viewtopic. php?p=822# 822. Here is what I posted:

      Tecplot's CGNS loader supports unsteady CGNS files with the
      BaseIterativeData_ t node defined for a CGNSBase_t node and,
      optionally, the ZoneIterativeData_ t node for any Zone_t nodes.
      The BaseIterativeData_ t node needs to contain the number of time
      steps and either the time values or iteration values.
      The ZoneIterativeData_ t node can contain FlowSolutionPointer s,
      GridCoordinatesPoin ters, ArbitraryGridMotion Pointers or
      RigidGridMotionPoin ters.

      If your files have satisfied these criteria, could you give a
      description of what else you may be storing in the
      BaseIterativeData_ t and ZoneIterativeData_ t nodes?

      Regards,
      Jay Noble
      Tecplot Development

      Tecplot, Inc.