Boulder Burns .:dustoff:. planning meeting @ Toast @7

  • DIGIRU aka JanedaPain aka Mrs. Cusskid a
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2007
      Our next planning meeting for dustoff will be this wed @ Burnt Toast
      in Boulder on the Hill at 7pm.....

      Please join us if your interested in participating in the planning of
      this boulder burner event.

      Music & Art
      We are still looking for artist and musicians for our party, would
      love to see some installation art this time since there is more time
      to prepare. If you would like to perform or present your work at this
      event please contact B_rad or myself to be added to the artist list,
      and so we can gain details of your work and space/time needed.

      Fund Raising:
      we are also raising money for our venue and to present an art grant,
      most people on the committee will be donating $50 towards the venue
      rental for this event. I think it is awesome that everyone is willing
      to donate a little bit to spread out the rental fee, making it more
      risk free and more of a community owned event. If you wish to donate
      to the project and don't have time to contribute, contact B_rad or
      myself as to how you can donate your funds to help with these projects.

      My dream is to be able to give an art grant at our party to one or two
      proposing artist for art at Apogaea in 2008. Maybe at Apo another one
      for BM...? Imagine that we let artist propose something for Apo. That
      would give a community artist several months to complete the art and
      have it ready at Apo. I hope to talk more about this at the meeting
      wed. We can use the grange and have in the evening the proposals and
      then the voting on the projects by the people of the community.

      I have decided to try to help this myself by asking for a small
      donation ($5) at the next event I am throwing, dorkbot303 v2.02, the
      interactive artist series of experimental electronic artist. 13.OCT.07
      will be a show in Nederland +after party...where all proceeds will
      benefit the boulder burns art grant project.

      Not to mention, I have space at the gog, I have reserved a room for
      the boulder burns people on the 27th where I plan to work with the
      community to create a great installation for this Denver event...

      So we have lots to talk about, lots of duties to delegate, and tasks
      to accomplish, but I am very happy to see so many people in our
      community taking an effort to make this a very special community...

      If you can't make the meeting on WED don't worry, we will be posting
      the notes from that meeting on our private party list for the planning
      committee, so if you want to be involved in planning this event or
      help in any way, donation of time, art and or money for our grants and
      venue then contact us, sooner than later....looking forward...! Jane