New Guy here.

  • Gary J
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2006
      I'm new to this group and have been trading for three years. I am a
      swing trader and one my favorite scan for stocks is an NR7 Scan which
      shows me whether or not a stock is trading at its narrowest day within
      the last 7 days – A Range Contraction Play.

      Anybody else do something similar?
    • Lars Widlund
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2006
        Hello.
        I did something similiar a few years ago. But I use NR4 or NR5 and I look for how the closeprice was compared to the opening price and also how the volume was.

        Sincerely.
        Lars

        At 00:11 2006-05-07, you wrote:
        I'm new to this group and have been trading for three years.  I am a
        swing trader and one my favorite scan for stocks is an NR7 Scan which
        shows me whether or not a stock is trading at its narrowest day within
        the last 7 days – A Range Contraction Play.

        Anybody else do something similar?

        Business finance uk Business finance course Business finance online course
        Business finance class Small business finance Short term trading

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Gary J
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2006
          Right on Lars. I look for volume that has dried up over that period
          of time in cunjuction with the NR7 or NR5. Good trader I know really
          plays that game well.

          --- In technicalanalysismethods@yahoogroups.com, Lars Widlund
          <Lars.Widlund@...> wrote:

          > Hello.
          > I did something similiar a few years ago. But I
          > use NR4 or NR5 and I look for how the closeprice
          > was compared to the opening price and also how the volume was.
          >
          > Sincerely.
          > Lars

        • Lars Widlund
          Message 4 of 4 , May 29, 2006
            I never get the signal I want out of this NR5. Many of the stocks that gave me alerts from a scanning in Metastock continue down. But I think this is a good method but with some refinement which I don´t had time to spend it could be a good thing to use to find interesting stocks for buy.

            Sincerely.
            Lars

            <Lars.Widlund@...> wrote:

            > Hello.
            > I did something similiar a few years ago. But I
            > use NR4 or NR5 and I look for how the closeprice
            > was compared to the opening price and also how the volume was.
            >
            > Sincerely.
            > Lars

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS