REVIEW: "Encrypted: An Action-Packed Technothriller", Carolyn McCray

  • Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Han
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2013
      BKENCRPT.RVW 20130101

      "Encrypted: An Action-Packed Technothriller", Carolyn McCray, 2012,
      1611097193
      %A Carolyn McCray
      %C 3524 South Star Lake Rd, Auburn, WA, USA 9801
      %D 2012
      %G 1611097193
      %I Off Our Meds Project
      %O http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1611097193/robsladesinterne
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1611097193/robsladesinte-21
      %O http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1611097193/robsladesin03-20
      %O Audience n- Tech 1 Writing 1 (see revfaq.htm for explanation)
      %T "Encrypted: An Action-Packed Technothriller"

      Encrypted? No. There is no encryption, or decryption, going on here.
      There are, supposedly, secret messages. However, these messages are
      encoded (there is a difference) in the language of angels, which you
      learn by burning priceless works of art, and observing the language of
      angels symbols that show up, shining, when the artwork burns. (No, I
      don't know how you are supposed to know what the symbol means. No, I
      don't know why you can't just x-ray the artwork. No, I don't know how
      you find out which artwork has the symbol that you need, when you need
      it, and which artworks just burn to ashes for no purpose.)

      Action-packed? Yes. In the "one d@"~3) thing after another" school
      of plot development. There isn't a heck of a lot of logic to the
      story, but there is enough action that you probably can't read it
      through in one sitting without taking a time out to catch your breath.

      Technothriller? No. There are supposed to be "hackers" involved in
      the story, but there isn't really anything technical that they do.

      copyright, Robert M. Slade 2013 BKENCRPT.RVW 20130101

      The investigation of the meaning of words is the beginning of
      education. - Antisthenes
      victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
      http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
      http://twitter.com/rslade