Read this book. It's free.

  • Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Han
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2013
      I have been reviewing security books for over twenty years now. When I think of
      how few are really worthwhile that gets depressing.

      However, Ross Anderson is always worth reading. And when Ross Anderson first
      published "Security Engineering" I was delighted to be able to tell everyone that it
      was a worthwhile read. If you are, in any way, interested in, or working in, the
      field of security, there is something there for you. Probably an awful lot.

      When Ross Anderson made the first edition available online, for free, and then
      published the second edition, I was delighted to be able to tell everyone that they
      should buy the second edition, but, if they didn't trust me, they should read the
      first edition free, and then buy the second edition because it was even better.

      http://victoria.tc.ca/int-grps/books/techrev/bkseceng.rvw

      Now Ross has made the second edition available, online, for free:

      http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/book.html

      Everyone should read it, if they haven't already done so.

      (I am eagerly awaiting the third edition :-)

      Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty
      - Mark Twain
      victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
      http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
      http://twitter.com/rslade