OT: Change of rslade@sprint.ca email address

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2005
      After over a decade of dialup speeds, missed messages, no filtering (in my line,
      that might have been a good thing), unreliable servers, and tech support that
      answered every single query with, "Well, you'll have to tell me your username
      and password for me to check that," I have finally had enough.

      I know it sometimes doesn't show it on the mailing list postings, but my ISP
      address has been the world's most recognizable Sprint.ca address, rslade@....
      It's going bye-bye. Almost immediately. It will, in fact, be used as a spam/email
      virus honeytrap by a security company.

      I have Internet service through Shaw, now. I did *NOT* manage to get
      rslade@..., which ticks me off no end. I had to take rMslade@.... (I
      have created a bunch of others, including cissp@... and also p-1@...,
      which partially made up for not getting rslade.)

      So, now I have to go through the process of telling everyone. (I also have to
      go through the process of getting the change made on Yahoo, and that is turning
      out to be not quite as easy as they let on.)

      We are currently being told to follow our bliss. However,
      tradition tells us that ignorance is bliss. Taking these two
      statements together would explain a lot about modern society.