Re: Book review ratings

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      From: kumquat@...
      Date sent: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:06:03 -0500 (EST)

      > Speaking for myself... I don't need the rankings; they seem like a lot of work
      > for iminal gain. I actually read what you write and THAT is all the ranking I
      > need....

      Now *you* I like :-)

      The ranking would be a lot of work, and nobody seems to be happy with the
      proposal. Any ranking system would have some measure of unfairness to some
      type of book: all of the options seem to require way too much explanation.
      Adding explanations, links, comparison rankings, and averages by genre just seems
      to add too much admin to a load that is already almost equal to that of the
      reviewing itself.

      I have added rankings to about the next month worth of reviews, so I'll let them
      stand. You can let me know if you change your minds, but I'm not holding my
      breath :-)

      (I might try a simplified version later.)

      Fuddle duddle. - Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Feb. 16, 1971