SANS, GSEC, and Chapple book review

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2003
      In my recent review of "The GSEC Prep Guide" by Mike Chapple, I probably did
      not sufficiently stress the point that the faults of the book are not necessarily to
      be imputed to the GSEC program itself. I have been asked by Stephen Northcutt
      to note that Chapple has no association with SANS, and that Northcutt has (in a
      review under the book's listing on Amazon.com) noted that the material in
      Chapple's book does not adequately reflect the breadth of the material tested for
      in the GSEC exam.

      rslade@... slade@... rslade@...
      Computer Security Day, November 30 http://www.computersecurityday.com/
      victoria.tc.ca/techrev/mnbksc.htm sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade/secgloss.htm