REVIEW: "Miracles for the Entrepreneur", Nattalia Lea

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2000
      BKMRCLEN.RVW 20000614

      "Miracles for the Entrepreneur", Nattalia Lea, 1996, 0-96998-640-8,
      C$13.95
      %A Nattalia Lea platypus@...
      %C 2323E 3rd Ave NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 0K9
      %I Platypus Publishers
      %O C$13.95 403-283-0498 www.cadvision.com/EUCALYPT/PLATYPUS.HTM
      %P 96 p.
      %T "Miracles for the Entrepreneur"

      Questions, questions, questions. That's about all I have to offer on
      this one.

      Like, what is this book all about? It is a series of cartoons. Well,
      I *think* it's a series. The characters remain the same throughout.
      There are two groups of "old style" corporate executives who are
      pretty incompetent. Then there are the employees who work for the
      executives, said employees not demonstrating any particular skill.
      The employees seem to leave and start up small businesses. Sometimes
      they get lucky, and sometimes they do dumb things. Sometimes there
      appears to be a plot, but any thread seems to disappear within a few
      pages.

      Occasionally other characters show up. Generally they have some kind
      of idea for a business.

      Is this supposed to be about starting your own business? If so, it
      doesn't have any real advice to relay.

      Is this supposed to be funny? That's rather questionable.

      If there is some great significance in the fact that all the "peons"
      in the book are called "pions" I missed it. There is no other
      reference to subatomic particles.

      copyright Robert M. Slade, 2000 BKMRCLEN.RVW 20000614

      Never forget the power of silence, that massively disconcerting
      pause which goes on and on and may at last induce an opponent to
      babble and backtrack nervously. - Lance Morrow