Re: TEC 200 f/8 Fluorite:

  • vahe352
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      > The Beast has arrived!!! It was dropped by UPS about an
      hour
      > ago and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is one impressive
      > looking scope! As folks have said it was packed in a crate that is
      > built like a tank. (UPS wasn't able to kill the crate, very
      impressive)

      Congratulations, I can not help but to admire your and Yuti's
      courage in leaving this beauty in the hands of UPS, if it were me I
      would have personally driven all the way to Colorado to pick up the
      white beauty in person.
      I never underestimate the UPS handling and treatment of fragile
      products, personally I had some painful experiences with these
      folks, I recently ordered some cast iron Kohler bathroom lavatories,
      when the darn things arrived some of the hard glazed coatings were
      chipped off, despite double crating and all types of heavy plastic
      wrappings, I still can not figure out how did they manage to do
      that, simply impressive.
      Glad your scope survived safely.

      Thanks
      Vahe