Re: [tec-scopes] mak cas for deep sky?

  • Hugo Silva
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      stardoctor5 wrote:
      > Is anyone using either the 8"F15 or the 10"F12 for deep sky
      > imaging? Do these work well with reducers like the AP 0.67x?
      >
      > I am currently imaging with a C8 with a 0.67x reducer, but want
      > something sharper and easier to focus.

      I'm trying to. I'm still bulding the system, but already have some ideas
      about it. I've tried the Meade 0.33x at both 0.33 and 0.66x, and the
      performance at 0.33x it's bad. At 0.66x it's better, or at least good
      enough for me, but I'm using a small chip camera. I'm now waiting for a
      AP CCDT67, that should be much better than the Meade one, but I'll have
      to make some kind of adapter to use it, because I'm planning to put it
      behind a Celestron Radial Guider.

      My biggest problem so far has been how to mount a guidescope. The MC200
      rings do not allow for a upper guidescope, and a side by side
      configuration is always very unbalanced. Traking is difficult too, my
      G11 allows for some seconds of unguided shots, but that's not enough.
      Thats why I want the radial guider... I just hope I can focus.

      --
      Hugo Silva
      hugo.silva@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        Ruben,

        You can find several pictures that have been taken
        with the TEC Maks (6"-12") by several people. They
        also work well 0.67x reducer. Take a look in the files
        and photo section for images. Most of my images are
        with the 8"f15 Mak with and without the reducer.

        Tim

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/o_XolB/TM

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail