Re: TEC 6 Images

  • Mike Chapa
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1, 2004
      --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Holzer" <b.holzer@c...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Folks:
      >
      > My TEC 6 is back in Yuri's hands to be cleaned and have the
      secondary
      > spotted. With nothing do then, I thought I would post my last two
      TEC 6
      > images.
      >
      > M63: http://www.bobholzer.com/images/m63tec6.jpg
      > NGC3628: http://www.bobholzer.com/images/ngc3628v3.jpg
      >
      > Bob
      > www.BobHolzer.com

      Excellent Bob,

      Color is tough for everyone on M63. N3628 is fantastic. What does
      getting the secondary spotted mean?

      I couldn't stay away too long and bought Chuck Zdeb's 200/11 which
      is somewhere in transit. I got the AP 0.67x FR as well. If the
      scope doesn't arrive before my move to NM, I'll try to get some
      images up later in the summer once established out there. Take care.

      Mike Chapa
      www.chapaccd.com
    • Bob Holzer
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1, 2004
        Thanks all for the nice comments.

        Hi Mike:

        Welcome back to the TEC mak world. There is only so much wide-field
        imaging you can do and too many cool galaxies out there! It is somewhat
        tougher as we've both found out, but it really is rewarding.

        I just received my AP .67x reducer too. It will get first light next
        Thursday, when my TEC 6 is scheduled back according to UPS.

        Having the secondary spotted is akin to having a primary spotted on a
        newt for collimation purposes. I am going to try collimation using the
        Takahashi Collimating Scope. This is how RCOS recommends collimating
        their big RC's. Here is their description of the process:
        http://www.rcopticalsystems.com/collimation.html. I hear it is very
        effective. And since I don't enjoy collimating in the field, I thought I
        would give it a try. I'll report back after I see how it works.

        Where are you moving to in New Mexico? We're trying to move out to Santa
        Fe, but probably will not make it for at least 5 years.

        Bob

        > My TEC 6 is back in Yuri's hands to be cleaned and have the
        secondary
        > spotted. With nothing do then, I thought I would post my last two
        TEC 6
        > images.
        >
        > M63: http://www.bobholzer.com/images/m63tec6.jpg
        > NGC3628: http://www.bobholzer.com/images/ngc3628v3.jpg
        >
        > Bob
        > www.BobHolzer.com

        Excellent Bob,

        Color is tough for everyone on M63. N3628 is fantastic. What does
        getting the secondary spotted mean?

        I couldn't stay away too long and bought Chuck Zdeb's 200/11 which
        is somewhere in transit. I got the AP 0.67x FR as well. If the
        scope doesn't arrive before my move to NM, I'll try to get some
        images up later in the summer once established out there. Take care.

        Mike Chapa
        www.chapaccd.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links