RE: [tec-scopes] Pelican Nebula and surrounding area.

  • Bernard Miller
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 23, 2013

      Floyd,

      Very nice image. I think it would look better rotated CCW 90 degrees.

      Bernard

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 23, 2013
        Hi Bernard,
        Ok, I tried it that way, take a second look and see what you think.
        Floyd

        --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

        > Floyd,
        >

        > Very nice image. I think it would look better rotated CCW 90 degrees.
        >

        > Bernard

      • Yuri
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 23, 2013
          - very nice and detailed image, Floyd!
          I am just wondering where we be in CCD imaging, let say in 5 years from now? Deeper in space, higher res., shorter exps., or so much difference?
          Yuri

          --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "bakersfieldbiker" <fblue@...> wrote:

          > Hi Antonio, thank you.
          > I use the AP-27TVP .75x reducer.
          > Floyd
          >
          > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, Antonio Agnesi <antoniangelo.agnesi@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Remarkable collection of images, Floyd!
          > > Which reducer are you using on the TEC-140? It appears very well performing.
          > > Thanks, regards
          > >
          > > Antonio
          > >
          > > On Jul 23, 2013, at 5:28 AM, "bakersfieldbiker" <fblue@> wrote:
          > >
          > > > http://www.astrophotogallery.org/floyd-s-pics/p11617-pelican-nebula-lrgb.html
          > > >
          > > > Here is an image from July, 2013. TEC-140 @f/5.4 ML8300 AP900.
          > > >
          > > > 12 x 10 minutes each color RGB
          > > >
          > > > Hope you like it. Had a good month and managed three images. This one I really liked.
          > > > Floyd
          > > >

          > > Antonio Agnesi
          > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/stellario/

        • bakersfieldbiker
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 23, 2013
            Thanks Yuri! I don't know, heck the last 5 years has been huge for me. I can only believe that as the equipment continues to improve and the techniques of the photographer's continue to grown that the images will just get better and better.
            Floyd

            --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Yuri" <tec@...> wrote:

            > - very nice and detailed image, Floyd!
            > I am just wondering where we be in CCD imaging, let say in 5 years from now? Deeper in space, higher res., shorter exps., or so much difference?
            > Yuri
            >
            > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "bakersfieldbiker" <fblue@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Antonio, thank you.
            > > I use the AP-27TVP .75x reducer.
            > > Floyd
            > >
            > > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, Antonio Agnesi <antoniangelo.agnesi@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Remarkable collection of images, Floyd!
            > > > Which reducer are you using on the TEC-140? It appears very well performing.
            > > > Thanks, regards
            > > >
            > > > Antonio

            > > > Antonio Agnesi
            > > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/stellario/

          • John Thompson
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 25, 2013
              Hi Floyd.....

              Our Phoenix club has a sight about 70 miles East of Phoenix. My readings are about 21.2 to 21.4 on a good night at zenith. Phoenix light dome makes West observations impossible. I have to go to Globe Arizona, about 120 miles east to get a 21.5 reading. Thanks for responding.

              John Thompson
              Scottsdale Arizona

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 25, 2013
                HI Jim,
                That sounds very similar to our site, just the light dome direction is different. We have our nights were we hit 21.7, but those are less common all the time it seems.

                There are places where I can get 22+ but they are far away and typically seeing is the problem not darkness.

                This is the situation I see here in California. Most places that are very dark have issues with seeing. There are good nights of course, but not consistently, the conditions are quite variable.

                So, our site is not perfect and the seeing is usually 2-3 arc sec from what I have for measurements. But it is convenient and close so that I am only driving an hour to get there. Then I spend 3-5 days on site so that it is worthwhile.

                I use full automation now days and a wireless network setup so that the outside laptop can be controlled from inside the motorhome. This makes it really nice for relaxing instead of having to set at the scope all night. I can watch the images coming in as well as monitor the guiding and things like meridian flip while I listen to Jazz and sit in relative comfort. I find that as I get older things like this make a difference. :^)
                Floyd

                --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, John Thompson <jbtgolfer@...> wrote:

                > Hi Floyd.....
                >
                > Our Phoenix club has a sight about 70 miles East of Phoenix. My readings are about 21.2 to 21.4 on a good night at zenith. Phoenix light dome makes West observations impossible. I have to go to Globe Arizona, about 120 miles east to get a 21.5 reading. Thanks for responding.
                >
                > John Thompson
                > Scottsdale Arizona
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Daniel Borcard
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 28, 2013
                  Floyd,

                  This is an very beautiful image, both crisp and smooth.
                  One single point: it is mirror-reversed (I don't mean rotated, which
                  btw is a very relative matter).

                  Daniel

                  --
                  Daniel Borcard
                  Observatoire du Geai Bleu
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 28, 2013
                    Hi Daniel
                    Thank you.
                    Yes, another suggested that it might look better reversed, so I tried it for them. I am aware of this and will be putting it back to correct. The Pelican should be pointing to the left not the right. :)
                    Floyd