Autofocuser solutions

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2013
      I am a new owner of a TEC140. I have a Microtouch autofocuser that I use with my other scopes that have a Feathertouch focuser. My TEC140 has a TEC focuser. Is there a way to use my current Microtouch autofocuser with the TEC focuser? If not what is the recommended autofocuser for the TEC focuser.

      Thank you

      John T
      Scottsdale AZ
    • Howard

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2013
            John

            Your question is one that i wish could be answered.....i believe the microtouch autofocuser will not fit the TEC focuser........

            Yuri.....is there ever going to be an electric focuser for the TEC 140?

            Howard

            On 1 Jun 2013, at 19:39, jbtgolfer@... wrote:

            Howard .....I see you read my post but I do not see a response. Did you try to attach something?

            Sent from my iPad

            On Jun 1, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Howard <feeways@...> wrote:

            On 1 Jun 2013, at 17:46, "John" <jbtgolfer@...> wrote:

            I am a new owner of a TEC140. I have a Microtouch autofocuser that I use with my other scopes that have a Feathertouch focuser. My TEC140 has a TEC focuser. Is there a way to use my current Microtouch autofocuser with the TEC focuser? If not what is the recommended autofocuser for the TEC focuser.

            Thank you

            John T
            Scottsdale AZ

          • Geert Vandenbulcke
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2013

              John,

              If the new TEC focuser is compatible (and I think it is but not sure - check this), you could mount the Feathertouch/MicroTouch Large Stepper Motor for 3.5"/4" Focusers and then proceed as with the other Feathertouch systems.  So the question is if it is possible to use this motor on the new focuser? I have the "old" Feathertouch focuser on my TEC140 with such a motor and the MicroTouch system.

              Best regards,

              Geert Vandenbulcke

              Belgium

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 1, 2013
                Question is whether the 3.5"/4" stepper motor fits with the TEC focuser

                I am doubtful

                Can someone find out?

                Howard

              • markmcafrey@rocketmail.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 2, 2013
                  The TI RoboFocus stepper motor assembly is an exact fit on the new large TEC focuser.
                  See Yuri's comments on this post:
                  You could also speak to Jeremy at Technical Innovations Inc.
                  Best regards,
                  Mark

                  --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, Howard <feeways@...> wrote:

                  > Question is whether the 3.5"/4" stepper motor fits with the TEC focuser
                  >
                  > I am doubtful
                  >
                  > Can someone find out?
                  >
                  > Howard
                  >
                  > On 1 Jun 2013, at 20:36, "Geert Vandenbulcke" <geert.vandenbulcke@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > John,
                  > >
                  > > If the new TEC focuser is compatible (and I think it is but not sure - check this), you could mount the Feathertouch/MicroTouch Large Stepper Motor for 3.5"/4" Focusers and then proceed as with the other Feathertouch systems. So the question is if it is possible to use this motor on the new focuser? I have the "old" Feathertouch focuser on my TEC140 with such a motor and the MicroTouch system.
                  > >
                  > > Best regards,
                  > >
                  > > Geert Vandenbulcke
                  > >
                  > > Belgium
                  > >

                  > > On 1 Jun 2013, at 17:46, "John" <jbtgolfer@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I am a new owner of a TEC140. I have a Microtouch autofocuser that I use with my other scopes that have a Feathertouch focuser. My TEC140 has a TEC focuser. Is there a way to use my current Microtouch autofocuser with the TEC focuser? If not what is the recommended autofocuser for the TEC focuser.
                  > >
                  > > Thank you
                  > >
                  > > John T
                  > > Scottsdale AZ

                • Yuri
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 2, 2013
                    John,
                    Star light did attachment for our focusers too, it was shown on Arizona exhibition last November, check with them.
                    Other option would be Robo-focus. And the best for imaging and a "must" for heavy loads would be the FLI ATLAS focuser...
                    Regards, Yuri

                    --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, Howard <feeways@...> wrote:

                    > On 1 Jun 2013, at 17:46, "John" <jbtgolfer@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I am a new owner of a TEC140. I have a Microtouch autofocuser that I use with my other scopes that have a Feathertouch focuser. My TEC140 has a TEC focuser. Is there a way to use my current Microtouch autofocuser with the TEC focuser? If not what is the recommended autofocuser for the TEC focuser.
                    > >
                    > > Thank you
                    > >
                    > > John T
                    > > Scottsdale AZ

                  • Geert Vandenbulcke
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 3, 2013

                      I apologize for erroneous information, but Wayne from Starlight Instruments let me know that their current motors will NOT fit the TEC designed focuser.  The TEC designed focuser uses a completely different pinion assembly than the FeatherTouch focusers. Just in case it hasn't been mentioned already on this list :-)

                      Best regards,

                      Geert Vandenbulcke

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 3, 2013
                        Thought so

                        Thanku

                        Howard

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 13, 2013
                          --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, Howard <feeways@...> wrote:

                          > Question is whether the 3.5"/4" stepper motor fits with the TEC focuser
                          >
                          > I am doubtful
                          >
                          > Can someone find out?
                          >
                          > Howard
                          >
                          > On 1 Jun 2013, at 20:36, "Geert Vandenbulcke" <geert.vandenbulcke@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > John,
                          > >
                          > > If the new TEC focuser is compatible (and I think it is but not sure - check this), you could mount the Feathertouch/MicroTouch Large Stepper Motor for 3.5"/4" Focusers and then proceed as with the other Feathertouch systems. So the question is if it is possible to use this motor on the new focuser? I have the "old" Feathertouch focuser on my TEC140 with such a motor and the MicroTouch system.
                          > >
                          > > Best regards,
                          > >
                          > > Geert Vandenbulcke
                          > >
                          > > Belgium
                          > >

                          > > On 1 Jun 2013, at 17:46, "John" <jbtgolfer@...> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > I am a new owner of a TEC140. I have a Microtouch autofocuser that I use with my other scopes that have a Feathertouch focuser. My TEC140 has a TEC focuser. Is there a way to use my current Microtouch autofocuser with the TEC focuser? If not what is the recommended autofocuser for the TEC focuser.
                          > >
                          > > Thank you
                          > >
                          > > John T
                          > > Scottsdale AZ

                          Wayne at Starlight Instruments says there is no adapter to attache their motors to the TEC designed focuser.