Re: [tec-scopes] TEC 140 + FF + QSI 683-8

  • Antonio Agnesi
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2013
      Rick,
      you need to check the QSI website where there is a document reporting all the backfocus lengths for the various QSI models (http://www.qsimaging.com/documentation.html).
      If I understand correctly, you have the 2.156" faceplate (backfocus 53.34 mm) so you need an 85-53.34=31.66 mm spacer with no filters. Then you need to increase the spacing by 1/3 of the filter thickness. TEC FF specs show that you need to provide the correct 85-mm spacing within +/- 1 mm. I would request 33 mm spacer length at PreciseParts with quite common 3-mm filters. Specifying fractions of mm is useless.
      Regards,

      Antonio

      On Apr 10, 2013, at 4:46 PM, richardsteele999 <rick@...> wrote:

      Hi all! What is the exact spec that I need to give Ashley at precise parts in order to mate my QSI 683 with 8 filter wheel to my TEC 140 with Field Flattener? It's the WS (not the WSG) model.

      Thanks, Rick