Help with using Astro Physics CCDT67T Telecompressor with TEC6 MAK

  • stargeezer70
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2013
      I am trying to use a CCDT67T with my TEC6 MAK and need to know how I should insert the telescompressor into the visual back. Should I let the CCDT67T slide to the bottom of the visual back with an extender attached to the CCDT67T, or should I try to capture the CCDT67T with the compression ring?

      I will then want to attach my Atik 383L+ CCD for imaging.

      Joseph
    • OlivDeso
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2013

        If possible, try to avoid pressing onto the reducer, but rather try to locate the compression ring onto the extension tube.
        Also a reducer pull in the focal plane, so it is better to insert the reducer as deep as possible into the focuser to save backfocus.

        So first of all, you attache the reducer to the CCD using the proper length of extension tube:

        Distance from reducer flange to sensor = 85mm
        FW travel = 22mm
        Atik683 travel about 17.9mm including filter compensation

        -> so you have to use a 40mm extension tube to get the x0.67 reduction factor. Also this tube should have a M48 female thread at the reducer side and a T2 or M54 thread at the FW side.
        Some 2" adapters are convenient for this use, beacause they have a flat flange that help keeping the orthogaonality with the focuser; The Atik 2" adapter is fie for that, may be just a little bit short .
        As far as I remember, the Atik 2" adapter is 30mm long and have a 2.5mm thick flange, so 32.5mm travel.

        So you should be able to use the Atik 2" adapter at the front of the filter wheel, then either screew the reducer onto this adapter or add a 7mm (or about) M48 extension tube.
        Since 7mm M48/0.75 extension tube is not so common, you might also add a baader T2 7.5mm extension tube between the FW and the CCD. Unless you have small filters, this should not impact too much the illuminated field.

        With 32,5 you will get about x0.7 reduction factor, which should be a good start without extension tube.

        Olivier

        De : stargeezer70 <biancojoseph@...>
        À : tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com
        Envoyé le : Dimanche 31 mars 2013 19h29