Motor for TEC140

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2012
      Hi all,

      I´m using a TEC140 produced in the first run. Is it possible to upgrade the focuser used on the telescope with this motor?

      http://starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=90

      Or is it better to have the new TEC focuser with integrated motor ?

      Thx in advance !

      Robert
    • Howard
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2012
        Errrrrrr

        What new TEC focuser with integrated motor?

        Howard

        On 1 Jul 2012, at 11:58, "Rob" <rob1234@...> wrote:

        Hi all,

        I´m using a TEC140 produced in the first run. Is it possible to upgrade the focuser used on the telescope with this motor?

        http://starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=90

        Or is it better to have the new TEC focuser with integrated motor ?

        Thx in advance !

        Robert

        =
      • Geert Vandenbulcke (Gmail)
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2012

          Robert,

          I use the Feathertouch motor on my TEC140 (s/n 485) with Feathertouch 3545,  but I have the hub/hand control and motorcontroller that was used before the current controller model.  Works well, also with FocusMax.  You can see it on my homepage http://www.astronomie.be/Tranquility.Base/, follow links  Equipment and TEC 140.

          Best regards,

          Geert Vandenbulcke

          Belgium

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2012
              If it is the Feathertouch 3545, then the motor will work, but you need the control hand pad too.
              The TEC motorized focuser is not in production yet.
              Floyd

              --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob1234@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > I´m using a TEC140 produced in the first run. Is it possible to upgrade the focuser used on the telescope with this motor?
              >
              > http://starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=90
              >
              > Or is it better to have the new TEC focuser with integrated motor ?
              >
              > Thx in advance !
              >
              > Robert

            • tucstargzr
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
                Do you know if this motor works with the Astro Physics mount, focuser power jack?

                Tom

                --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "bakersfieldbiker" <fblue@...> wrote:

                > If it is the Feathertouch 3545, then the motor will work, but you need the control hand pad too.
                > The TEC motorized focuser is not in production yet.
                > Floyd
                >
                > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob1234@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi all,
                > >
                > > I´m using a TEC140 produced in the first run. Is it possible to upgrade the focuser used on the telescope with this motor?
                > >
                > > http://starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=90
                > >
                > > Or is it better to have the new TEC focuser with integrated motor ?
                > >
                > > Thx in advance !
                > >
                > > Robert

              • bakersfieldbiker
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
                  The motor requires a control box, not sure what ones will work with it besides the Starizona MicroTouch. I do not think the AP plug will work, but again, not sure.
                  Floyd

                  --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "tucstargzr" <milliesand@...> wrote:

                  > Do you know if this motor works with the Astro Physics mount, focuser power jack?
                  >
                  > Tom
                  >
                  > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "bakersfieldbiker" <fblue@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If it is the Feathertouch 3545, then the motor will work, but you need the control hand pad too.
                  > > The TEC motorized focuser is not in production yet.
                  > > Floyd
                  > >
                  > > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob1234@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi all,
                  > > >
                  > > > I´m using a TEC140 produced in the first run. Is it possible to upgrade the focuser used on the telescope with this motor?
                  > > >
                  > > > http://starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=90
                  > > >
                  > > > Or is it better to have the new TEC focuser with integrated motor ?
                  > > >
                  > > > Thx in advance !
                  > > >
                  > > > Robert

                • tucstargzr
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
                    Thank you

                    Tom

                    --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "bakersfieldbiker" <fblue@...> wrote:

                    > The motor requires a control box, not sure what ones will work with it besides the Starizona MicroTouch. I do not think the AP plug will work, but again, not sure.
                    > Floyd
                    >
                    > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "tucstargzr" <milliesand@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Do you know if this motor works with the Astro Physics mount, focuser power jack?
                    > >
                    > > Tom

                  • rigelsys
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 13, 2012
                      Rigel systems USB-nstep will work with feathertouch stepper