A couple of new shots from Coona

  • Marco Lorenzi
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
      Hi all, it'a a while I havent' posted here so I have to make it up with a couple images, both collecting around 13 hours of light each.

      The first image is the part of Vela SNR including the feather shaped Pencil nebula and some other cirrus nebulae in the area. I posted it in my webpage a couple weeks ago, so I apologize if you have already looked at it.
      Here is the main page link:
      http://www.glitteringlights.com/Images/deepsky/13667287_7Mtr58#1453653112_TDh2Zbt-X3-LB

      The second one is a quite deep shot of Centaurus A and the nice field where she is located. Link below:
      http://www.glitteringlights.com/Images/deepsky/13667287_7Mtr58#1507970918_rjGsC8M-X3-LB

      Both have been taken with a TEC 140APO, FLI Proline 16803 and from my observatory in Coonabarabran.

      Hope you will like them.

      Clear Skies
      Marco
    • Jose Carvajal

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
          Marco, very nice pictures! Are you already doing imaging remotely from Italy?
          Regards, Yuri

          http://www.glitteringlights.com/Equipment/observatory/13680011_w4nbJN

          --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, Marco Lorenzi <marcolorenzi70@...> wrote:

          > Hi all, it'a a while I havent' posted here so I have to make it up with a couple images, both collecting around 13 hours of light each.
          >
          > The first image is the part of Vela SNR including the feather shaped Pencil nebula and some other cirrus nebulae in the area. I posted it in my webpage a couple weeks ago, so I apologize if you have already looked at it.
          > Here is the main page link:
          > http://www.glitteringlights.com/Images/deepsky/13667287_7Mtr58#1453653112_TDh2Zbt-X3-LB
          >
          > The second one is a quite deep shot of Centaurus A and the nice field where she is located. Link below:
          > http://www.glitteringlights.com/Images/deepsky/13667287_7Mtr58#1507970918_rjGsC8M-X3-LB
          >
          > Both have been taken with a TEC 140APO, FLI Proline 16803 and from my observatory in Coonabarabran.
          >
          > Hope you will like them.
          >
          > Clear Skies
          > Marco

        • Mike C
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011

            These are great shots.
          • Marco Lorenzi
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
              Hi Yuri, thanks. I am already taking my images remotely from Shanghai (I am no longer living in Italy because of my job).
              I go in Australia time to time to manage the upgrades of the setup, as I did when I installed my 140Apo on the mount.
              This allow me to use the scope almost every clear night and collect so as much light as I can :) I still have to update my observatory page with the pics with the Tec installed..

              Clear Skies
              Marco