Welcome

  • yuri80226
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 18, 2002
      Hi everybody and welcome to the TECscopes group.
      Anything can be discussed; TEC equipment, optics, and other related stuff.
      Regards,
      Yuri.
    • bbe51
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 19, 2002
        Thanks, Yuri, for starting this group. It should be a very
        informative and a fun place to visit.

        Best regards,
        Bill

        --- In tec-scopes@y..., "yuri80226" <tec@t...> wrote:
        > Hi everybody and welcome to the TECscopes group.
        > Anything can be discussed; TEC equipment, optics, and other
        related stuff.
        > Regards,
        > Yuri.
      • illuminetics
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 19, 2002
          Glad to see a TEC group! I'll be checking in frequently.

          Randy

          --- In tec-scopes@y..., "yuri80226" <tec@t...> wrote:
          > Hi everybody and welcome to the TECscopes group.
          > Anything can be discussed; TEC equipment, optics, and other related
          stuff.
          > Regards,
          > Yuri.
        • timkhan
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 21, 2002
            Hi Everyone,

            I'm glad to see a new TEC Group.

            I've seen thru Richard's Whalen's 8" f/15 and was very impressed on
            its performance on Jupiter and on sub arcsec doubles, considering the
            seeing was a 5-6. The two 6" Maks we have down here (Miami, FL) are
            also heavy hitters, they give my 6" AP good competition at a fraction
            of the cost, which I cannot say a friends 9" Intes.

            Soon there will be 3 TEC additions in Miami, 140 Apo, 2-12" Maks, and
            a 8" f/15 Mak...I can hardly wait!

            So, what TEC MAKs do you own, what are your impressions, and what do
            you like about it over other types of optics?

            Tim

            --- In tec-scopes@y..., "yuri80226" <tec@t...> wrote:
            > Hi everybody and welcome to the TECscopes group.
            > Anything can be discussed; TEC equipment, optics, and other related
            stuff.
            > Regards,
            > Yuri.
          • albireo13
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 21, 2002
              Hi,

              I have a TEC-140 on order. It will be my first TEC scope. I am
              very excited!!!! :)

              Rob O'Toole

              --- In tec-scopes@y..., "timkhan" <timkhan@y...> wrote:
              > Hi Everyone,
              >
              > I'm glad to see a new TEC Group.
              >
              > I've seen thru Richard's Whalen's 8" f/15 and was very impressed on
              > its performance on Jupiter and on sub arcsec doubles, considering
              the
              > seeing was a 5-6. The two 6" Maks we have down here (Miami, FL) are
              > also heavy hitters, they give my 6" AP good competition at a
              fraction
              > of the cost, which I cannot say a friends 9" Intes.
              >
              > Soon there will be 3 TEC additions in Miami, 140 Apo, 2-12" Maks,
              and
              > a 8" f/15 Mak...I can hardly wait!
              >
              > So, what TEC MAKs do you own, what are your impressions, and what
              do
              > you like about it over other types of optics?
              >
              > Tim
              >

              > --- In tec-scopes@y..., "yuri80226" <tec@t...> wrote:
              > > Hi everybody and welcome to the TECscopes group.
              > > Anything can be discussed; TEC equipment, optics, and other
              related
              > stuff.
              > > Regards,
              > > Yuri.
            • yuri80226
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 21, 2002
                --- In tec-scopes@y..., "timkhan" <timkhan@y...> wrote:

                > So, what TEC MAKs do you own, what are your impressions, and what do
                > you like about it over other types of optics?
                >
                > Tim

                I had many of them in my hands, but still do not own one, hope for a 140
                prototype... (-:
                Yuri
              • Tim Khan
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 22, 2002
                  Yuri,

                  Of Coures, #001 should be yours.

                  Tim

                  --- yuri80226 <tec@...> wrote:
                  > --- In tec-scopes@y..., "timkhan" <timkhan@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > So, what TEC MAKs do you own, what are your
                  > impressions, and what do
                  > > you like about it over other types of optics?
                  > >
                  > > Tim
                  >
                  > I had many of them in my hands, but still do not
                  > own one, hope for a 140
                  > prototype... (-:
                  > Yuri

                  HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                  http://www.hotjobs.com
                • timt1951
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 22, 2002
                    Tim , actually #001 is mine. Yuri is hoping to get the prototype. Tim

                    --- In tec-scopes@y..., Tim Khan <timkhan@y...> wrote:
                    > Yuri,
                    >
                    > Of Coures, #001 should be yours.
                    >
                    > Tim
                    >
                    > --- yuri80226 <tec@t...> wrote:
                    > > --- In tec-scopes@y..., "timkhan" <timkhan@y...>
                    > > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > So, what TEC MAKs do you own, what are your
                    > > impressions, and what do
                    > > > you like about it over other types of optics?
                    > > >
                    > > > Tim
                    > >
                    > > I had many of them in my hands, but still do not
                    > > own one, hope for a 140
                    > > prototype... (-:
                    > > Yuri

                    > http://www.hotjobs.com
                  • Dmitry Makolkin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 23, 2002
                      Nice to see one more interesting telescope group created and maintained by
                      the real experts in astronomy optics. My best wishes to TEC and happy TEC
                      scopes owners!

                      Dmitry Makolkin.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 23, 2002
                        Hi Tim,

                        I'm a TEC 6 owner and after being in this hobby so long, I found it has the
                        best optics
                        of any scope I've ever owned. The only one that came close, from memory, was
                        an early
                        model Quantum 4 that I bought in 1978.

                        Besides the optics, I also love the mechanics of the instrument. The
                        micrometer focuser
                        is a joy to use and there's no detectable image shift at all. Also, the
                        "steering wheel" at the
                        focuser end is something that I really have enjoyed using...

                        All in all, paying US$1800 for this ota was one of the best purchases I've
                        ever made, astro
                        related or not. And....one of the best things about the deal is knowing that
                        Yuri stands
                        behind his product 100%. In this day and age, that says volumes!

                        Best regards,
                        Bill