Re: APO110FL carry-on?

  • Yuri
    Message 1 of 70 , May 1, 2009
      --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Yuri" <tec@...> wrote:

      > - thanks you all for your input, and specially Roberto!
      > We are preparing tooling setup now, that includes cast AL and brass forms for fine griding and polishing.
      > I also can add that the designed OTA is ~550mm long at the moment and weights under 11lb.
      > As per optical design - as it was said before, it is the oiled Fluorite triplet, F6.
      > I will keep you inform about this project.
      > Best regards, Yuri

      - Good news for this project.
      The focal ratio for APO110FL to be F5.6! It is a bit tough but will help us with carry-on telescope case dimensions.
      The optional Field Flattener for such focal ration has to be of 3-lenses design, such design gives us ~16mk spot size on the edge of 52mm dia. field.
      Best regards,
      Yuri
    • three_thirty_cic
      Message 70 of 70 , May 7, 2009
        --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Yuri" <tec@...> wrote:

        > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "three_thirty_cic" <td_family@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Yuri:
        > >
        > > When do you think the first of these these scopes will start shipping?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Tom
        >
        > Dear Tom, it is hard to say. We have not started yet the project. But will do it in summer time, and possible ship first ones in September (?)
        >
        > BTW, thanks for sending emails for the APO110FL list.
        > It is almost full - we have one reserved for TEC, one for Roland and a couple still available if our European dealer will not take them...
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Yuri

        Thanks, Yuri.

        Tom