Re: 160ED reducer?

  • William J. Shaheen
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008

      Christopher -

      Starlight Instruments ( http://www.starlightinstruments.com/index.php ),  makers of the FeatherTouch focuser, also provides an "AP End Cap for FTF3545".  I just checked with them and although it is not on their website, they will add it.  I believe it costs $68 and is an off the shelf item.  This end cap will enable you to use any of the AP accessories, including the 27TVPH, a .75x reducer.  In fact, try your search again using "27tvph".  You will find many useful posts.

      Regards,

      Bill in Gold Canyon, AZ

      --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Kerry" <m42@...> wrote:

      > I searched through the posts in this group to find out if a reducer
      > was available for this scope. I found nothing.
      >
      > Does TEC make such a thing? If not, has anyone found an alternative? I
      > am asking in advance of my purchase of a 160ED as this could end up
      > being a deal buster for me.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Christopher

    • uncarollo2
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
        --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "William J. Shaheen"
        <wjshaheen@...> wrote:

        > Christopher -
        >
        > Starlight Instruments (
        http://www.starlightinstruments.com/index.php
        > <http://www.starlightinstruments.com/index.php> ), makers of the
        > FeatherTouch focuser, also provides an "AP End Cap for FTF3545". I
        just
        > checked with them and although it is not on their website, they
        will add
        > it. I believe it costs $68 and is an off the shelf item. This end
        cap
        > will enable you to use any of the AP accessories, including the
        27TVPH,
        > a .75x reducer. In fact, try your search again using "27tvph". You
        > will find many useful posts.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Bill in Gold Canyon, AZ

        If you go in the files section under the heading:

        "160EDF-75xTCcompressed.jpg Image showing star images and vignetting
        with STL11K camera and AP.75x compressor"

        you will see an image taken with a 160 refractor using the AP 27TVPH
        reducer. It will produce similar images with the TEC 160 ED scope.

        Rolando
      • popkrab
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
          Dear Roland,

          It is interesting that you told the result of using 27TVPH with AP160
          will be similar when use with TEC160ED. I'm interesting a focal
          reducer/ field flatener for TEC140 for astrophotography too. Can you
          suggest me if using with TEC140?

          I don't know how progress of focal reducer for TEC140 that Yuri have
          been told last 2 year ago if I recall. So, 27TVPH maybe a better choice.

          Many Thanks
          Pornchai POP

          --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "uncarollo2" <chris1011@...> wrote:

          > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "William J. Shaheen"
          > <wjshaheen@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Christopher -
          > >
          > > Starlight Instruments (
          > http://www.starlightinstruments.com/index.php
          > > <http://www.starlightinstruments.com/index.php> ), makers of the
          > > FeatherTouch focuser, also provides an "AP End Cap for FTF3545". I
          > just
          > > checked with them and although it is not on their website, they
          > will add
          > > it. I believe it costs $68 and is an off the shelf item. This end
          > cap
          > > will enable you to use any of the AP accessories, including the
          > 27TVPH,
          > > a .75x reducer. In fact, try your search again using "27tvph". You
          > > will find many useful posts.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > Bill in Gold Canyon, AZ
          >
          > If you go in the files section under the heading:
          >
          > "160EDF-75xTCcompressed.jpg Image showing star images and vignetting
          > with STL11K camera and AP.75x compressor"
          >
          > you will see an image taken with a 160 refractor using the AP 27TVPH
          > reducer. It will produce similar images with the TEC 160 ED scope.
          >
          > Rolando

        • uncarollo2
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
            --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "popkrab" <popkrab@...> wrote:

            > Dear Roland,
            >
            > It is interesting that you told the result of using 27TVPH with
            AP160
            > will be similar when use with TEC160ED. I'm interesting a focal
            > reducer/ field flatener for TEC140 for astrophotography too. Can you
            > suggest me if using with TEC140?
            >
            > I don't know how progress of focal reducer for TEC140 that Yuri have
            > been told last 2 year ago if I recall. So, 27TVPH maybe a better
            choice.

            > Many Thanks
            > Pornchai POP

            It works with the AP 140 refractor, so I would think that it will
            also work with the TEC 140. This compressor will produce some
            vignetting with the large STL11K chip, and the stars will not be
            perfect in the corners. It will produce nice results with the smaller
            6808 chip and certainly with the ST10 chip.

            Rolando
          • popkrab
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
              --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "uncarollo2" <chris1011@...> wrote:

              > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "popkrab" <popkrab@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Dear Roland,
              > >
              > > It is interesting that you told the result of using 27TVPH with
              > AP160
              > > will be similar when use with TEC160ED. I'm interesting a focal
              > > reducer/ field flatener for TEC140 for astrophotography too. Can you
              > > suggest me if using with TEC140?
              > >
              > > I don't know how progress of focal reducer for TEC140 that Yuri have
              > > been told last 2 year ago if I recall. So, 27TVPH maybe a better
              > choice.
              > >
              > > Many Thanks
              > > Pornchai POP
              >
              > It works with the AP 140 refractor, so I would think that it will
              > also work with the TEC 140. This compressor will produce some
              > vignetting with the large STL11K chip, and the stars will not be
              > perfect in the corners. It will produce nice results with the smaller
              > 6808 chip and certainly with the ST10 chip.
              >
              > Rolando

              Dear Roland,

              Thank you very much. I do plan for my APS ccd like QHY8. Is it work
              for this ccd size?

              Thank you in advance,
              Best Regards,
              Pornchai POP
            • uncarollo2
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
                --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "popkrab" <popkrab@...> wrote:
                > Dear Roland,
                >
                > Thank you very much. I do plan for my APS ccd like QHY8. Is it work
                > for this ccd size?
                >
                > Thank you in advance,
                > Best Regards,
                > Pornchai POP

                It should work for that sensor size. We used this with a Canon camera
                with the AP 140 scope and it covered the format very nicely.

                Rolando
              • popkrab
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                  --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "uncarollo2" <chris1011@...> wrote:

                  > --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "popkrab" <popkrab@> wrote:
                  > > Dear Roland,
                  > >
                  > > Thank you very much. I do plan for my APS ccd like QHY8. Is it work
                  > > for this ccd size?
                  > >
                  > > Thank you in advance,
                  > > Best Regards,
                  > > Pornchai POP
                  > >
                  > It should work for that sensor size. We used this with a Canon camera
                  > with the AP 140 scope and it covered the format very nicely.
                  >
                  > Rolando

                  Thank you very much.

                  Best Regards,
                  Pornchai POP