Re: [tec-scopes] tec 200 lens cleaning

  • UUplink@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hello Mike,

      Thanks for sharing this information. Here in VA we have a lot of dust, pollen, dew,moths etc. etc., and I was just about to bit the bullet can clean my TEC 200 #17.

      Last night was about as good as it gets here in terms of dark sky conditions (5.5-6.0 mag).  Was able to see Triton quite clearly for the first time!

      Jim Crowley

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
        I keep my TEC 200 under a Telegizmos 365 cover. It has been outside
        for almost 3 months now. I did clean the lens recently using a camel
        hair brush then dabbing the lens with a surgical cotton ball dipped
        in a distilled water/alcohol solution. I then used another clean
        cotton ball to dab dry. NO rubbing. Cleaned up nicely.

        Jim Phillips

        > Hello Mike,
        >
        > Thanks for sharing this information. Here in VA we have a lot of
        dust, pollen, dew,moths etc. etc., and I was just about to bit the
        bullet can clean my TEC 200 #17.

        > Last night was about as good as it gets here in terms of dark sky
        conditions (5.5-6.0 mag).? Was able to see Triton quite clearly for
        the first time!

        > Jim Crowley

      • Mark Clegg
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
          Hi Mike

          Good to hear from you..

          I'm still using Turbofilm 100% of the time on my TEC 200 here in N.C.
          Good stuff.. I even image through it..

          The scope is permanently mounted in the roll-top. I have cleaned the
          Turbofilm lens cell several times over the last year. Pollen and
          other junk floating around here is terrible during the spring months,
          dust during the dry summer months as well.. I am so glad that the
          crap I cleaned earlier was not on the actual glass surface. It's
          nice to be able to clean throughly and not worry about doing damage.

          The objectives on my TEC 200 #12 are as clean today as they were the
          day Yuri shipped it. and this scope has seen a lot of use over the
          past year (3-5 times a week average)

          Mark Clegg
          North Carolina