Re: [tec-scopes] Re: Collett Focuser Clamp and Cold Weather

  • Chris Lord
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 1, 2008
      Gedas,

      You would not be able to do this with the metal collet. The PBS collet
      is not designed to grip an eyepiece sleeve so tightly it cannot be
      twisted round. The metal one is. The advantage of the PBS collet is
      that it will not scratch or score your eyepiece sleeves.

      Just take my advice and get two backs, one with each collet type.

      Chris Lord

    • pandrolmb@aol.com
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 25, 2008
        Michael,

        You can tether the bino assy as a temporary fix.  That's what I did ;-).  I stitched the ends of heavy shoelace and noose locked it around the base of finder bracket on scope.  The neck of the mark 5 bino is narrower than the diagonal so that's where the noose at the other end went.  While I have the compression ring assy on my 3545 focuser now, I still tether the assy to avoid a SECOND catastrophe, in MY case, concrete :-(.

        Good luck!

        Mark