Re: Maksutovs

  • Yuri
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2008
      --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, "vahe352" <vahe@...> wrote:

      > > ~3.2 for MC200/20
      > > ~2.7 for TEC6
      >
      > Yuri,
      >
      > Is it safe to assume that the primary F ratio of 250/20 is similar to
      > 200/20?
      >
      > Vahe

      - yes Vahe, it is similar ans ~3.3. Yuri
    • vahe352
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012
        Has anyone used laser collimation tools such as HoTech Laser Collimator on their TEC Maks?
        How practical are these? Any comments would be appreciated.

        Vahe
      • tmbuser6
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012
          On Jan 30, 2012, at 10:49 AM, vahe352 wrote:

          > Has anyone used laser collimation tools such as HoTech Laser Collimator on their TEC Maks?
          > How practical are these? Any comments would be appreciated.

          Vahe, I'm not so sure why you would need one of these, Maks are so easily to collimate with both the one method where you stand in front of the scope by daylight at the center of curvature for the primary, and by using the defocused star image. I don't have a Hotech, but I do have a LaserMax holographic laser that I just tried in one of my maks in the holo-mode.

          It did confirm that my system was aligned, but unlike the methods above using an eyepiece, the slightest tilting or decentering of the laser caused by the compression ring gave false and misleading results. While I might trust the laser to confirm alignment, I am not so sure I would trust it to /accomplish/ it.

          Regards,

          Wayne