25461Re: [tec-scopes] Re: Minimum Strehl? [1 Attachment]

  • Derek Wong
    Jul 5, 2014
      Hi Tim:

      Beautiful sketch.  I assume that you are still in Oz, or that you had exceptional seeing in England to give you such still diffraction rings on such a Southern target.  Through the 200ED, as the seeing cleared, the companion was visible as an ever more steady presence within the scintillating rings.  I tried to see if Antares B was closer in the diffraction rings compared to your sketch but it was really difficult to tell.  The companion did fall outside the second diffraction ring.  The colors are nice but in this light pollution, a bit bigger scope would have shown better saturation.

      On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 3:57 AM, tim wetherell timwetherell@... [tec-scopes] <tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      [Attachment(s) from tim wetherell included below]

      Out with the 180Fl last night - sketch below is Antares. Not sure what the Strehl is, but it's got to be way up in the late 90's cos it sure is a damn fine scope! :) Little blue companion is just perfectly resolved

      all the best

    • Show all 73 messages in this topic