24726Re: Mak 7 + Mach1GTO Mount

  • gjwcac
    Jan 19, 2014
      Richard,

      I used a MCT in Georgia for many years and on a visit to CAV had some wonderful planetary views in the nearly perfect seeing conditions Florida often enjoys. A big issue this time of year is dew and frost. You absolutely need a dew shield and dew heaters for both the front corrector and eyepiece, and of course a battery big enough to run them through the night.

      Enjoy your trip down there.

      Jim M.

      --- In tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com, <syzygy42@...> wrote:

      > The fans draw 40ma @ 6 volts (1/4 watt) or 80ma @ 12 volts (1 watt). The Astro-Physics Mach1GTO control box has a +6 volt output jack (tip pin) that is rated for 200ma (max) which can be used to run the fans. This info isn't in the Mach1GTO manual but is in the 1200 manual that it was derived from. According to George both mounts use the same control box.
      >
      > Next week I'm off to the Florida Everglades to try out the combination. Wish me luck that I don't get eaten by alligators or dessicated by skeeters.
      >
      > Richard

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic