24697RE: [tec-scopes] NGC6888 - The Crescent Nebula in narrowband

  • Bernard Miller
    Jan 6, 2014

      I added in RGB stars from an RGB image I have of this same object.

      From: tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Thompson
      Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 9:23 PM
      To: tec-scopes@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [tec-scopes] NGC6888 - The Crescent Nebula in narrowband

      Great image Bernard. I am curious if the star color was separately captured or is it directly from the Ha and OIII.

      John Thompson
      Scottsdale Arizona

      On Monday, January 6, 2014 8:06 PM, Stephen Truitt <truittsm@...> wrote:

                  Resembles a jellyfish...

      On Jan 6, 2014, at 9:19 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

      I gathered enough data for a Hubble palette version of this one, but decided on trying a bi-color of Ha and OIII. I got the idea from Mark Hanson who has an observatory near mine and his version can be seen in this month's Astronomy Magazine. Anyway, I took an crack at it and I think it looks pretty cool. I may try the Hubble palette version, but there is not much SII in this object, even with 10 hours of data.

      Comments and suggestions welcomed.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic