Is Life Being Unfair On You ?

  • Mathanraj
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2006

      Is Life Being Unfair On You?

      Around two weeks ago I was called to judge a talent contest at one of
      the city colleges. I noticed all the participants were given slips of
      paper with a topic written on it and told to come up and speak for three
      minutes. Lots were drawn as to who would be the first speaker and the
      next and the next. The first contestant I noticed looked a little
      disgruntled as he got onto the podium to address the others.

      "My fellow students and respected judges," he said loudly, "this is an
      unfair contest!"

      I, along with my fellow judges looked up surprised. "I have been given
      this paper," he continued, "to speak on a subject with just a few
      minutes
      preparation whereas those after me have more time to work on their
      speech. This is unfair!" He then proceeded to leave the stage and
      stormed out of the hall. Nobody missed him and the contest went on
      smoothly.

      I met him on the landing as I was being escorted out later.

      "Who said life is fair?" I asked him with a smile. He looked at me
      startled and I asked him to walk with me to my car. "Life," I told him,
      "is fighting the unfair and still winning! Do you read automobile
      magazines?"

      "Yes," he said eagerly, "I do."

      "Have you seen statistics shown when a new car is being introduced into
      the market? They talk about speed and torque and transmission and horse
      power."

      "Yes," he nodded.

      "But there is a line they put after all these figures. They say all this
      data is when there are ideal road conditions!"

      "Yes," he said again.

      "Show me ideal road conditions?" I asked him and he smiled. "The car
      that sells well," I continued is the car that will deliver power and
      speed and durability in the worst of roads, in potholes and mud and
      slush. That car is a winner!"

      We had reached my car and he stood by my side as I heaved myself in.
      "Don't look for ideal playing conditions," I said. "Fight the unfair and
      come out a winner!"

       I looked back in my rear view mirror as I drove away and saw him smile
      and wave and knew he would fight the unfair from now on.

      The fight never stops. Ask all the successful people in our own
      country?. They fight regardless whether the battle is fair or unfair.
      Stop telling the world about the unfair deal you've got out of life;
      start battling the unfair, come out victorious..!

      Best regards,
      MATHANRAJ M

        This e-mail was scanned for viruses using BitDefender and AVG 7.