Re: [teampfb] Move to Facebook ?

  • kevindenson@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 15, 2012
      Yep, sounds good to me.

      Kevin.

      Connected by MOTOBLUR™

      -----Original message-----
      From: Anthony Smith <anthony@...>
      To:
      teampfb@yahoogroups.com
      Sent:
      Tuesday, 15 May 2012 12:27:42 GMT+01:00
      Subject:
      [teampfb] Move to Facebook ?

      I think it is time to consider moving away from Yahoo groups and onto
      Facebook. Anyone else think this is an idea? I use FB more and I think
      it is easier to share stuff on it.

      I have created a group (to reserve the name) and will add folks if you want.

      If we are going to continue to use the yahoogroup then I will close
      down FB. I don't think we can have both.

      --
      Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Recuerdos, Diolch yn fawr, Met
      vriendelijke groeten, Cordiali saluti, Cordialement,

      Anthony (Ant) Smith

    • Ian Brown
      Message 2 of 10 , May 15, 2012
        Ant,

        No further consultation required ... make it so.

        Message 3 of 10 , May 15, 2012
          I do not know if Salty, Col, Gord are part of the 21st century ?

          Anyone have the list of who is in the yahoogroup ?

            Message 5 of 10 , May 15, 2012
              A crude copy & paste of the members list gives the following:

              gordon_rcs_s...<http://profiles.yahoo.com/gordon_rcs_smith> gordon.smith@...<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teampfb/post?postID=DS9oaRM6CDDezN6G2DNvEOXZcoGP95iLz5WRblRc3Bu1jMI8LqEZm_nm-4wBxCKurx55dOCjot86n3pOaqCN5dHakJaa9Box7ZPn> Nov 6, 2006 [Description: oderator] ianpbrown_broon<http://profiles.yahoo.com/ianpbrown_broon>

              HTH,
              Bill

              Message 6 of 10 , May 15, 2012
                OK how about this - yahoo hides email domains for members other than the sender:
                achalkley@...
                woodcm@...
                gordon.smith@...
                ianpbrown@...
                kevindenson@...
                mark.haynes-way@...
                anthony@...
                hilalty@...
                jabirus@...
                wiw@...

                --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Smith <anthony@...> wrote:

                > I think it is time to consider moving away from Yahoo groups and onto
                > Facebook. Anyone else think this is an idea? I use FB more and I think
                > it is easier to share stuff on it.
                >
                > I have created a group (to reserve the name) and will add folks if you want.
                >
                > If we are going to continue to use the yahoogroup then I will close
                > down FB. I don't think we can have both.
                >
                > --
                > Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Recuerdos, Diolch yn fawr, Met
                > vriendelijke groeten, Cordiali saluti, Cordialement,
                >
                > Anthony (Ant) Smith

              • Andrew Chalkley
                Message 7 of 10 , May 15, 2012
                  As a firm non-user of Yahoo groups who has for many years resisted the call to join I am glad you now all see it my way!!!

                  FB is the way to go - we can all be friends!

                  Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad

                  Anthony Smith <anthony@...> wrote:

                  I think it is time to consider moving away from Yahoo groups and onto
                  Facebook. Anyone else think this is an idea? I use FB more and I think
                  it is easier to share stuff on it.

                  I have created a group (to reserve the name) and will add folks if you want.

                  If we are going to continue to use the yahoogroup then I will close
                  down FB. I don't think we can have both.

                  --
                  Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Recuerdos, Diolch yn fawr, Met
                  vriendelijke groeten, Cordiali saluti, Cordialement,

                  Anthony (Ant) Smith

                • Chris Wood
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 16, 2012

                    What’s facebook and do I need an iPad 4S to run it ?         I guess I can get Mrs Wood to explain.   Must go, about time I topped up the 2 stroke oil on the MZ.   Cheers, Chris.

                    Sent from Dibden Purlieu