Move to Facebook ?

  • Anthony Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , May 15 4:27 AM
      I think it is time to consider moving away from Yahoo groups and onto
      Facebook. Anyone else think this is an idea? I use FB more and I think
      it is easier to share stuff on it.

      I have created a group (to reserve the name) and will add folks if you want.

      If we are going to continue to use the yahoogroup then I will close
      down FB. I don't think we can have both.

      --
      Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Recuerdos, Diolch yn fawr, Met
      vriendelijke groeten, Cordiali saluti, Cordialement,

      Anthony (Ant) Smith
    • warby57
      Message 2 of 10 , May 15 4:34 AM
        Am happy to use FB. Yahoo is pretty clunky

        WBW,
        Bill

      • kevindenson@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 15 8:40 AM
          Yep, sounds good to me.

          Kevin.

          Connected by MOTOBLUR™

          Message 4 of 10 , May 15 10:03 AM
            Ant,

            No further consultation required ... make it so.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 15 11:40 AM
              I do not know if Salty, Col, Gord are part of the 21st century ?

              Anyone have the list of who is in the yahoogroup ?

                Message 7 of 10 , May 15 11:47 AM
                  A crude copy & paste of the members list gives the following:

                  gordon_rcs_s...<http://profiles.yahoo.com/gordon_rcs_smith> gordon.smith@...<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teampfb/post?postID=DS9oaRM6CDDezN6G2DNvEOXZcoGP95iLz5WRblRc3Bu1jMI8LqEZm_nm-4wBxCKurx55dOCjot86n3pOaqCN5dHakJaa9Box7ZPn> Nov 6, 2006 [Description: oderator] ianpbrown_broon<http://profiles.yahoo.com/ianpbrown_broon>

                  HTH,
                  Bill

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 15 12:04 PM
                    OK how about this - yahoo hides email domains for members other than the sender:
                    achalkley@...
                    woodcm@...
                    gordon.smith@...
                    ianpbrown@...
                    kevindenson@...
                    mark.haynes-way@...
                    anthony@...
                    hilalty@...
                    jabirus@...
                    wiw@...

                    --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Smith <anthony@...> wrote:

                    > I think it is time to consider moving away from Yahoo groups and onto
                    > Facebook. Anyone else think this is an idea? I use FB more and I think
                    > it is easier to share stuff on it.
                    >
                    > I have created a group (to reserve the name) and will add folks if you want.
                    >
                    > If we are going to continue to use the yahoogroup then I will close
                    > down FB. I don't think we can have both.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Recuerdos, Diolch yn fawr, Met
                    > vriendelijke groeten, Cordiali saluti, Cordialement,
                    >
                    > Anthony (Ant) Smith

                  • Andrew Chalkley
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 15 12:05 PM
                      As a firm non-user of Yahoo groups who has for many years resisted the call to join I am glad you now all see it my way!!!

                      FB is the way to go - we can all be friends!

                      Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad

                      Anthony Smith <anthony@...> wrote:

                      I think it is time to consider moving away from Yahoo groups and onto
                      Facebook. Anyone else think this is an idea? I use FB more and I think
                      it is easier to share stuff on it.

                      I have created a group (to reserve the name) and will add folks if you want.

                      If we are going to continue to use the yahoogroup then I will close
                      down FB. I don't think we can have both.

                      --
                      Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Recuerdos, Diolch yn fawr, Met
                      vriendelijke groeten, Cordiali saluti, Cordialement,

                      Anthony (Ant) Smith

                    • Chris Wood
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 16 2:04 PM

                        What’s facebook and do I need an iPad 4S to run it ?         I guess I can get Mrs Wood to explain.   Must go, about time I topped up the 2 stroke oil on the MZ.   Cheers, Chris.

                        Sent from Dibden Purlieu