Courage Under Fire

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17, 2011
      Gents,

      I write this bruised, weary, traumatised and perhaps slightly concussed following today's "pain-balling" session. However, I can confirm that Dad's Army gave good account of themselves against much younger and fitter opponents, using tactics and animal cunning to outwit the "young guns".

      Bill got off to a shaky start, suffering a touch of battle fatigue during a particularly intense fire-fight. Happily we soon convinced him that pacifism and unilateral disarmament would not necessarily prevent him getting a bruising in this environment. In the next round, he went out, guns blazing and emptied a 200 shot hopper!

      Col had a heroic moment - after crawling through the nettles, he stormed the enemy camp from behind, giving them the "good news" at close range - only to be shot in the back by one of his own men.

      Anyway, thanks Broon for a memorable day out, the bruises will soon heal but the flashbacks may take a little longer...

      Cheers,
      Pete
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 18, 2011
        Pete,

        The bruises are healing and a few muscles were hurting this morning but a small price to pay for our performance in the heat of battle.

        Still, it's quad biking next time around.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 19, 2011

          Hello Broon,

          Glad that you all had a good time.

          By the way Quad biking is seriously Shit. Don't do it!!! you have been warned.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 19, 2011
            Mark,

            I've done it before and it beats getting the shit shot out of you !

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 19, 2011
              Yeah - I reckon Broon may be mistaken in thinking that quad biking is a safer option than paintball - just ask Ozzy Osbourne.

              Actually, now the bruises have healed, I'm thinking that paintball may have been the most fun I've had with my clothes on. The expensive part is the paintballs they sell at £25.00/500; they're only £6.95/500 on ebay! Is there anything stopping you from bringing a few of your own?

              Pete

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 19, 2011

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 19, 2011
                  Yeah Pete, but are the ones on eBay dumb dumb bullets like what we had  ?

                  If I do it again it will be Air softing with a MP5 and 5000 rounds.