Curry Night ..... Let's try again

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
      Broon & All,

      Curry night is OK with me.

      Today I faced something of a dilemma - needing to relocate Dad's mobility scooter to my garage about a mile away while Dad's garage roof is being repaired. I COULD have put it in the back of the Multi - but it's pretty heavy. Anyway I chose the more obvious solution and DROVE it there.

      My God - how embarrassing! The battery was pretty low and going up the hill by the council estate, I was making very pedestrian progress. Some rough looking teenagers walked past and my fear was that it might stop altogether; I'd then have reinact a Lou and Andy sketch from Little Britain and get out and push - and everyone would realise I was a fraud!

      I think part of the problem was not looking convincingly frail. For the return journey I think I'm going to don a cloth cap and wrap up in a tartan blanket.

      Please let me know if anyone would like a lift next week - the battery's are fully charged and there's plenty of room on the footboards...

      See you next week,
      Scooter Boy
    • Chris Wood
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 5, 2010
        Works for me Broon.            Cheers, Chris.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
          Hello Broon,

          Yes, the Judge and I should be good for this.

          Mark
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
            Hi Mark,

            That's great. Looking like a good turnout.

            Have you seen Ant recently ? Didn't respond to my last invite or this one ... is he OK ?

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010

              Hello Broon,

              He is OK, but his recent illness has changed him a lot. He is now very quiet, shy and deeply religious. I think you will experience a "new" Ant when he makes a public appearance.

              Luckily for us he has stopped that cross dressing thing that the Judge (aka Alice) got him into

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 6, 2010
                Mark,

                It's so tragic to hear that this illness has robbed Anthony of so many vices; let us as least hope that his love of 70's porn remains unfettered...

                Todd

                --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 8, 2010
                  OK folks, so it looks like 7 for curry on Wed night and I'll book a table for this number.

                  Attendees : Broon, Pete, Mark, Judge, Chris, Bill, Chris

                  Assuming Col and Gord won't make it on geographic grounds.

                  No response from Ant or Kevin so assuming not attending.

                  wrote:

                  > Hello Broon,
                  >
                  > He is OK, but his recent illness has changed him a lot. He is now very quiet, shy and deeply religious. I think you will experience a "new" Ant when he makes a public appearance.
                  >
                  > Luckily for us he has stopped that cross dressing thing that the Judge (aka Alice) got him into
                  >
                  > Mark

                • Phil Alty
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 8, 2010
                    Hi Broon
                    I did reply and accept the invitation, or have I been excommunicated?
                    Phil

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 8, 2010
                      Hi Phil,

                      You certainly have not been excommunicated - I listed Chris twice and one of them should have been "Salty".

                      Look forward to seeing you Wed night.

                      Sorry for confusion.