Is it Because I is Black - A Cautionary Tale

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2010

      Gents,

      Well the Bandit is almost finished, and in the garage I was reaching for a spray can of black Plasticote paint when it tumbled off the shelf onto a sharp corner - puncturing the can and instantly discharging its contents with an impressive "Whoosh!!"

      Emerging from the ensuing black cloud, I staggered into the kitchen yelling "Jill!- I think I'm gonna need some help!!".

      Now if you ever want to try this, the trick is to close your eyes - this avoids blindness, plus when you open them again, you will see you've achieved the full Al Jolson effect. The perfectly full and even coverage over my face was astonishing.

      Eyes smarting, I was quickly bundled into the Micra and rushed down to A & E. Not much sympathy from the other patients - in fact one Afro-Caribbean lady could barely contain her amusement.

      The nurse gave me one of those looks reserved for children with saucepans stuck on their heads and set to work with some nail varnish remover. Having reduced the paint coverage to "Goth" level - I was discharged complete with black eyes and lips (actually, I thought it suited me) - with instructions to finish off with mascara remover.

      Several baths later and I'm pretty much back to "white caucasian". An inspection of the garage interior revealed it was little darker than I would have liked - but at least my tools won't go rusty. Jill's not so sure about her new black tumble drier though...

      Let's be careful out there.

      Todd

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2010
        Did this unplanned discharge have the good fortune to cover that make on the Bandit tank ?