So long, and thanks for the memories

  • anthony@westdene.me.uk
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 17, 2007
      It is with much sadness I have to announce the retirement of one of the proudest vessels of the RNLI fleet. Yes, the big Zed is being sold. Still a lovely bike, but I find it hard to justify spending 400-500 pounds on a bike to re-inviogorate it when it is worth 800.

      After much heart searching (and boring the staff in a large number of Motorcycle emporia) I have to compromise and buy a girls bike.

      So, soon I will be introducing you to my new Sprint ST. Yes I know what you are thinking. It has almost no performance of note when compared to the big Zed, it sounds like a tractor at anything less than 40 mph and the colour schemes available are, well how can I put this nicely, boring! It does have the advantage of none of that 3 into 1 stupid exhaust stuff. In fact there is just nothing of the exhaust to be seen.

      It will be mine and I am sure we will grow to love each other.

      Ant (in mourning)

      ps - no Broon this doesn't mean I will be on the trip!
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 17, 2007
        Well you'll just have to get it resprayed in RNLI colours then,
        otherwise we'll never recognise you :-)
        Bill
        --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, <anthony@...> wrote:

        > It is with much sadness I have to announce the retirement of one of
        the proudest vessels of the RNLI fleet. Yes, the big Zed is being
        sold. Still a lovely bike, but I find it hard to justify spending 400-
        500 pounds on a bike to re-inviogorate it when it is worth 800.

        > After much heart searching (and boring the staff in a large number
        of Motorcycle emporia) I have to compromise and buy a girls bike.

        > So, soon I will be introducing you to my new Sprint ST. Yes I know
        what you are thinking. It has almost no performance of note when
        compared to the big Zed, it sounds like a tractor at anything less
        than 40 mph and the colour schemes available are, well how can I put
        this nicely, boring! It does have the advantage of none of that 3
        into 1 stupid exhaust stuff. In fact there is just nothing of the
        exhaust to be seen.

        > It will be mine and I am sure we will grow to love each other.
        >
        > Ant (in mourning)
        >
        > ps - no Broon this doesn't mean I will be on the trip!

      • Ian Brown
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 17, 2007
          Ant,

          Good news about the Sprint ... pity it won't have it's first major outing to
          Germany !

          ps . Is this a new one or Col and Bill's model ?

          Best Regards
          Ian

          From: <anthony@...>
          To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [teampfb] So long, and thanks for the memories
          Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:39:01 -0000

[...]

          Match.com - Click Here To Find Singles In Your Area Today!
          http://msnuk.match.com/
        • anthony@westdene.me.uk
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 17, 2007
            here is a particularly good review of the new bike (in the correct colour)......

            When I see the phrase "meeting of musculation guaranteed in the congestions" then you know you are reading a fully thought through review.

            From: <anthony@westdene. me.uk>
            To: <teampfb@yahoogroups .com>
            Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:39:01 -0000

[...]

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Ian Brown
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 18, 2007
              Ant,

              Very nice ... when do you get it ?

              Best Regards
              Ian

              From: <anthony@...>
              To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:28:24 -0000

              http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lerepairedesmotards.com%2Fessais%2Fessai-triumph-sprint-st-1050.htm&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

              From: <anthony@...>
              To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:39:01 -0000

[...]

              16/03/2007 12:12

              https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/
            • anthony@westdene.me.uk
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 18, 2007
                Thursday.

                I have just been subjected to the Todd's very own special brand of test ride on the big Zed. It has taken all day. He broke some stuff (well it was probably ready to break) but hung around and fixed it as part of the experience. At the end of the day I have a better bike than at the beginning but he still doesn't want to buy it :-)

                Ant

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 18, 2007
                  Ant, I know a couple of people in the IT group at work who have
                  recently expressed an interest in having something warm and
                  throbbing between their legs. Am I right in thinking you are asking
                  £800 ono?

                  17/03/2007 12:33

                • Ian Brown
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 18, 2007
                    Yes, but did he take it out for a test ride and get stopped by Mr Plod for
                    driving far too slowly ?

                    Best Regards
                    Ian

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 18, 2007
                      Bill, You are.... but unless it is the Todd then it is probably too much hassle for anyone else.
                      The MOT has run out.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 18, 2007
                        Sorry Bill, missed something. I don't do ONO. 800 minimum but the price goes up by the day.

                        I am expecting it to be 1,100 by Thursday.

                        :-)

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 18, 2007
                          Understood :-)

                          Date: