I Fought the Law...

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2010
      Gents,

      You will recall my tale of the close encounter with the speed camera - well three weeks have passed without comment from the boys in blue. I can think of only three possible explanations:

      1. The Todd lightning brake reflex saved the day.

      2. The Multipla has "stealth" properties making it invisible to radar.

      3. The cops were laughing so much on seeing a Multipla suddenly appear with tyres smoking and three faces pressed hard against the windscreen - they couldn't hold the camera steady.

      Twenty's plenty - that's my motto. Broon - better allow some extra time for that Bol trip...

      Todd
    • warby57
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
        I on the other hand have caved in cravenly and this morning accepted an invitation from Hampshire's finest to book, pay for & participate in one of their famous driver awareness workshops. Just relieved not to get the points. Presumably it will make me an even more sensationally talented driver/rider, but apparently one has to take a test of some kind before passing it - I assume the penalty for failure is to get the points/fine reinstated :-)

        Best,
        Bill

      • kevindenson@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
          No, no test. Go with an open mind though. It changed my mind about speed cameras.

          Kev

          ------------------

          From: "warby57" <w.i.warburton@...>
          Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:44:09 -0000
          To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [teampfb] Re: I Fought the Law...

          I on the other hand have caved in cravenly and this morning accepted an invitation from Hampshire's finest to book, pay for & participate in one of their famous driver awareness workshops. Just relieved not to get the points. Presumably it will make me an even more sensationally talented driver/rider, but apparently one has to take a test of some kind before passing it - I assume the penalty for failure is to get the points/fine reinstated :-)

          Best,
          Bill

          --- In teampfb@yahoogroups .com, "sunlot2001" <jabirus@... > wrote:

          > Gents,
          >
          > You will recall my tale of the close encounter with the speed camera - well three weeks have passed without comment from the boys in blue. I can think of only three possible explanations:
          >
          > 1. The Todd lightning brake reflex saved the day.
          >
          > 2. The Multipla has "stealth" properties making it invisible to radar.
          >
          > 3. The cops were laughing so much on seeing a Multipla suddenly appear with tyres smoking and three faces pressed hard against the windscreen - they couldn't hold the camera steady.
          >
          > Twenty's plenty - that's my motto. Broon - better allow some extra time for that Bol trip...
          >
          > Todd

        • Warburton W.I.
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
            Ah. That'll teach me to google everything :-)

            From: "warby57" <w.i.warburton@...>
            Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:44:09 -0000
            To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 12, 2010
              Kevin,

              "It changed my mind about speed cameras" - Does this mean you don't slow down for them any more?

              I admire your spirit!

              Todd