Re: [teampfb] Suggestions

  • Ian Brown
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
      Mark,

      Bennetts were �113 in 2006 and �125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
      that the compulsory loading has been increased to �400 on any claim - they
      diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.

      Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only �175.

      What do Bennetts charge you ?

      Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?

      Best Regards
      Ian

      From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
      To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
      Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000

      Hello Broon

      Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!

      Mark
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
        Hi Broon,

        I am charged 118 a year for insurance cover for a man sized bike if this
        helps the debate (with M/Cycle Direct). No claims protection with 200 XS.

        Ant

        > Bennetts were £113 in 2006 and £125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
        > that the compulsory loading has been increased to £400 on any claim - they
        > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
        >
        > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only £175.
        >
        > What do Bennetts charge you ?
        >
        > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Ian
        >

        > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
        > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
        > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
        >
        > Hello Broon
        >
        > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
        >
        > Mark

      • Ian Brown
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
          Yeh, but they know you don't ride it like a man so that's why it's cheap !

          Best Regards
          Ian

          From: <anthony@...>
          To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:44:04 -0000

          Hi Broon,

          I am charged 118 a year for insurance cover for a man sized bike if this
          helps the debate (with M/Cycle Direct). No claims protection with 200 XS.

          Ant

          > Bennetts were �113 in 2006 and �125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
          > that the compulsory loading has been increased to �400 on any claim -
          they
          > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
          >
          > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only �175.
          >
          > What do Bennetts charge you ?
          >
          > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
          >
          > Best Regards
          > Ian
          >

          > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
          > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
          > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
          >
          > Hello Broon
          >
          > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
          >
          > Mark

        • Mark Baker
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
            Hello Broon,

            yes you are right about the £400, but it is not hidden

            my premium is £95

            Mark
            > Bennetts were £113 in 2006 and £125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
            > that the compulsory loading has been increased to £400 on any claim - they
            > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
            >
            > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only £175.
            >
            > What do Bennetts charge you ?
            >
            > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
            >
            > Best Regards
            > Ian
            >

            > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
            > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
            > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
            >
            > Hello Broon
            >
            > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
            >
            > Mark

          • Ian Brown
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
              Bill,

              Have ever had to claim off eBike Insurance and are they OK ?

              Best Regards
              Ian

              From: "Bill" <wiw@...>
              To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [teampfb] Re: Suggestions
              Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:28:25 -0000

              Yo, try eBike Insurance (www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk) - �120 pa full
              comp. for a Sprint but that includes discounts for infinite NCD, IAM
              qualifications etc. & being a 'Dr' (somehow that makes me less
              risky?). I also paid an additional premium this year for full
              European breakdown/recovery at an extra �45.
              Their policies are underwritten by Southern Rock.
              Cheers...
              Bill

              --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, "ianpbrown_broon" <ianpbrown@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi guys,
              >
              > My insurance is due for renewal and thinking of looking around -
              > currently with BENNETTS.
              >
              > Can anyone recommend and insurance company based on own experience ?

              Match.com - Click Here To Find Singles In Your Area Today!
              http://msnuk.match.com/
            • Bill
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
                Yo,
                I've not claimed from eBike. All I can say is that they've always
                been commendably quick in supplying documents, also you can get
                replacement certificates FOC by printing them from their website
                (Carole Nash charged me £20 for that last time :-(
                Bill