Re: [teampfb] Suggestions

  • Mark Baker
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 16, 2007
      Hello Broon

      Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!

      Mark
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
        Mark,

        Bennetts were �113 in 2006 and �125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
        that the compulsory loading has been increased to �400 on any claim - they
        diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.

        Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only �175.

        What do Bennetts charge you ?

        Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?

        Best Regards
        Ian

        From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
        To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
        Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000

        Hello Broon

        Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!

        Mark
        My insurance is due for renewal and thinking of looking around -
        currently with BENNETTS.

        Can anyone recommend and insurance company based on own experience ?

        15/03/2007 11:27

        https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/
      • anthony@westdene.me.uk
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
          Hi Broon,

          I am charged 118 a year for insurance cover for a man sized bike if this
          helps the debate (with M/Cycle Direct). No claims protection with 200 XS.

          Ant

          > Bennetts were £113 in 2006 and £125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
          > that the compulsory loading has been increased to £400 on any claim - they
          > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
          >
          > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only £175.
          >
          > What do Bennetts charge you ?
          >
          > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
          >
          > Best Regards
          > Ian
          >

          > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
          > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
          > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
          >
          > Hello Broon
          >
          > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
          >
          > Mark

        • Ian Brown
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
            Yeh, but they know you don't ride it like a man so that's why it's cheap !

            Best Regards
            Ian

            From: <anthony@...>
            To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:44:04 -0000

            Hi Broon,

            I am charged 118 a year for insurance cover for a man sized bike if this
            helps the debate (with M/Cycle Direct). No claims protection with 200 XS.

            Ant

            > Bennetts were �113 in 2006 and �125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
            > that the compulsory loading has been increased to �400 on any claim -
            they
            > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
            >
            > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only �175.
            >
            > What do Bennetts charge you ?
            >
            > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
            >
            > Best Regards
            > Ian
            >

            > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
            > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
            > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
            >
            > Hello Broon
            >
            > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
            >
            > Mark

          • Mark Baker
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
              Hello Broon,

              yes you are right about the £400, but it is not hidden

              my premium is £95

              Mark
              > Bennetts were £113 in 2006 and £125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
              > that the compulsory loading has been increased to £400 on any claim - they
              > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
              >
              > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only £175.
              >
              > What do Bennetts charge you ?
              >
              > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
              >
              > Best Regards
              > Ian
              >

              > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
              > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
              > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
              >
              > Hello Broon
              >
              > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
              >
              > Mark

            • Ian Brown
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
                Bill,

                Have ever had to claim off eBike Insurance and are they OK ?

                Best Regards
                Ian

                From: "Bill" <wiw@...>
                To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [teampfb] Re: Suggestions
                Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:28:25 -0000

                Yo, try eBike Insurance (www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk) - �120 pa full
                comp. for a Sprint but that includes discounts for infinite NCD, IAM
                qualifications etc. & being a 'Dr' (somehow that makes me less
                risky?). I also paid an additional premium this year for full
                European breakdown/recovery at an extra �45.
                Their policies are underwritten by Southern Rock.
                Cheers...
                Bill

                --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, "ianpbrown_broon" <ianpbrown@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi guys,
                >
                > My insurance is due for renewal and thinking of looking around -
                > currently with BENNETTS.
                >
                > Can anyone recommend and insurance company based on own experience ?

                Match.com - Click Here To Find Singles In Your Area Today!
                http://msnuk.match.com/
              • Bill
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
                  Yo,
                  I've not claimed from eBike. All I can say is that they've always
                  been commendably quick in supplying documents, also you can get
                  replacement certificates FOC by printing them from their website
                  (Carole Nash charged me £20 for that last time :-(
                  Bill