Re: [teampfb] Todd's New Wheels

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2009
      Does the engine management system work now ?

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2009
        Err... well no Broon,

        Drive it sensibly and no real dramas, but floor your foot at 2000rpm and the engine management light comes on, and she goes into "limp home mode" - or if you're really unlucky, dies completely.

        Happily, it all resets again after a short sulk.

        Cencensus on the websites suggest cleaning out the exhaust gas recirculation valve (EGR). There'll be some frantic spannerwork at the weekend. I'll let you know how I get on - but as there's no Haynes manual for this beast, I anticipate some bad language during this process.

        I'll be tackling the cambelt as my Christmas holiday treat.

        Cheers,
        Todd