Suggestions

  • ianpbrown_broon
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 15, 2007
      Hi guys,

      My insurance is due for renewal and thinking of looking around -
      currently with BENNETTS.

      Can anyone recommend and insurance company based on own experience ?

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 15, 2007
        Yo, try eBike Insurance (www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk) - £120 pa full
        comp. for a Sprint but that includes discounts for infinite NCD, IAM
        qualifications etc. & being a 'Dr' (somehow that makes me less
        risky?). I also paid an additional premium this year for full
        European breakdown/recovery at an extra £45.
        Their policies are underwritten by Southern Rock.
        Cheers...
        Bill

        --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, "ianpbrown_broon" <ianpbrown@...>

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 15, 2007
          PS European breakdown/recovery for this policy is limited to bikes 10
          years old or newer ;-)
          Dr Willy

          --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <wiw@...> wrote:

          > Yo, try eBike Insurance (www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk) - £120 pa full
          > comp. for a Sprint but that includes discounts for infinite NCD,
          IAM
          > qualifications etc. & being a 'Dr' (somehow that makes me less
          > risky?). I also paid an additional premium this year for full
          > European breakdown/recovery at an extra £45.
          > Their policies are underwritten by Southern Rock.
          > Cheers...
          > Bill
          >
          > --- In teampfb@yahoogroups.com, "ianpbrown_broon" <ianpbrown@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi guys,
          > >
          > > My insurance is due for renewal and thinking of looking around -
          > > currently with BENNETTS.
          > >
          > > Can anyone recommend and insurance company based on own
          experience ?

          > > Cheers
          > > Broon

        • Mark Baker
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 16, 2007
            Hello Broon

            Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!

            Mark
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
              Mark,

              Bennetts were �113 in 2006 and �125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
              that the compulsory loading has been increased to �400 on any claim - they
              diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.

              Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only �175.

              What do Bennetts charge you ?

              Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?

              Best Regards
              Ian

              From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
              To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
              Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000

              Hello Broon

              Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!

              Mark
              My insurance is due for renewal and thinking of looking around -
              currently with BENNETTS.

              Can anyone recommend and insurance company based on own experience ?

              15/03/2007 11:27

              https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/
            • anthony@westdene.me.uk
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
                Hi Broon,

                I am charged 118 a year for insurance cover for a man sized bike if this
                helps the debate (with M/Cycle Direct). No claims protection with 200 XS.

                Ant

                > Bennetts were £113 in 2006 and £125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
                > that the compulsory loading has been increased to £400 on any claim - they
                > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
                >
                > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only £175.
                >
                > What do Bennetts charge you ?
                >
                > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
                >
                > Best Regards
                > Ian
                >

                > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
                > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
                > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
                >
                > Hello Broon
                >
                > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
                >
                > Mark

              • Ian Brown
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
                  Yeh, but they know you don't ride it like a man so that's why it's cheap !

                  Best Regards
                  Ian

                  From: <anthony@...>
                  To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:44:04 -0000

                  Hi Broon,

                  I am charged 118 a year for insurance cover for a man sized bike if this
                  helps the debate (with M/Cycle Direct). No claims protection with 200 XS.

                  Ant

                  > Bennetts were �113 in 2006 and �125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
                  > that the compulsory loading has been increased to �400 on any claim -
                  they
                  > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
                  >
                  > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only �175.
                  >
                  > What do Bennetts charge you ?
                  >
                  > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
                  >
                  > Best Regards
                  > Ian
                  >

                  > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
                  > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
                  > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
                  > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
                  >
                  > Hello Broon
                  >
                  > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
                  >
                  > Mark

                • Mark Baker
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
                    Hello Broon,

                    yes you are right about the £400, but it is not hidden

                    my premium is £95

                    Mark
                    > Bennetts were £113 in 2006 and £125 for 2007 renewal. The issue I have is
                    > that the compulsory loading has been increased to £400 on any claim - they
                    > diddn'y highlight that you need to read the small print.
                    >
                    > Bill's ebike are similar price but loading is only £175.
                    >
                    > What do Bennetts charge you ?
                    >
                    > Are you interested in the Germany trip this year ?
                    >
                    > Best Regards
                    > Ian
                    >

                    > From: "Mark Baker" <mark.haynes-way@...>
                    > To: <teampfb@yahoogroups.com>
                    > Subject: Re: [teampfb] Suggestions
                    > Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:20:01 -0000
                    >
                    > Hello Broon
                    >
                    > Bennetts are good, if it were any cheaper they would have to pay me!!
                    >
                    > Mark

                  • Ian Brown
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
                      Bill,

                      Have ever had to claim off eBike Insurance and are they OK ?

                      Best Regards
                      Ian

                      From: "Bill" <wiw@...>
                      To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: [teampfb] Re: Suggestions
                      Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:28:25 -0000

                      wrote:

                      > Hi guys,
                      >
                      > My insurance is due for renewal and thinking of looking around -
                      > currently with BENNETTS.
                      >
                      > Can anyone recommend and insurance company based on own experience ?

                      Match.com - Click Here To Find Singles In Your Area Today!
                      http://msnuk.match.com/
                    • Bill
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 17, 2007
                        Yo,
                        I've not claimed from eBike. All I can say is that they've always
                        been commendably quick in supplying documents, also you can get
                        replacement certificates FOC by printing them from their website
                        (Carole Nash charged me £20 for that last time :-(
                        Bill