RE: [teampfb] Re: 2008 Trip (Campers)

  • Ian Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30 3:46 AM
      Gents's we do have a surplus in the kitty from the ferry  booking  (Gord, Pete, Bill, Broon, Ant) in the base (plus I do owe Bill an additional  tenner because he didn't read my instructions) so based on Bill's suggestion we could finance these from the kitty if you are all agreeable ?

      eBAY - Save A Deer - DEER ALERT WHISTLE - Car warning device - Seller is DOVER13

      if you want to check it out.

      Best Regards,
      Ian

      To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
      From: wiw@...
      Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:37:28 +0000
      Subject: [teampfb] Re: 2008 Trip (Campers)

      Hi Broon,
      I also am sorry to hear that DeerHunter won't be joining us. I think
      I overpaid you £10 for the Ferry - can you take the £7.50 for
      the "Save-a Deer" unit out of that please? If not then I'll teleport
      funds directly into your account as before.

      Best,
      Bill

      Support research into Alzheimer's disease? ...
      http://www.justgivi ng.com/billwarbu rton
      ============ ========= ========= =========

      --- In teampfb@yahoogroups .com, "ianpbrown_broon" <ianpbrown@. ..>
      wrote:

      > Well folks, it's now only 69 days until we depart these shores on
      yet
      > another epic journey. Given our experiences of last year and the
      > disappointing news that our top "Point Man" and "Deer Catcher" will
      > not be joining us on this one I've ben forced to look for technical
      > advantages to compensate.
      >
      > On the navigation front good planning and some Sat Nav units will
      keep
      > us on track however the hostile inbound 4 legged bogie problem
      > remained a concern until I invested in the "Save-a Deer" unit which
      is
      > now fitted to the front of the little Z.
      >
      > It is a small device (little bigger than your thumb nail) which is
      > stuck onto the front fairing below the headlight and as the bike
      > passes 35 mph (we should all be capable of this) the air rushing
      > through the unit emits a sound frequency which warns and often
      freezes
      > deer in their path thus avoiding painful and expensive collisions. I
      > believe the noise translates to the deer as "think you're hard ?
      Bring
      > it on nipper but remember Nancy 2007, the NTV and your fallen
      commrade
      > !" which does the trick.
      >
      > If you are interested I can secure one of these for you at the cost
      of
      > £7.50 but must have your order by return. If you elect not to buy
      one
      > I don't want any whimpering when the deer stops for me and then
      > proceeds to take you out!
      >
      > Also need to know from Mr Todd if Colin Bruce is joining us as a
      > pillion on the big Z for ferry arrangements.
      >
      > In the meantime please ensure you check your passport is valid, you
      > arrange any European breakdown cover and if necessary advise your
      > insurance company. Finding your boots is also useful at this stage.
      >
      > Once numbers are finalised I will review sleeping/tenting
      arrangements
      > and issue the usual packing list.

      Try Messenger on your mobile. Text MSN to 63463 Now.
    • Ian Brown
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30 4:57 AM
        Bill,

        Do I take it your order is cancelled ?

        Best Regards,
        Ian

        To: teampfb@yahoogroups.com
        From: wiw@...
        Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:49:31 +0000

        You may be interested in this post from the States:
        http://www.ibmwr. org/otech/ deerw.html

        wrote:

        > Well folks, it's now only 69 days until we depart these shores on
        yet
        > another epic journey. Given our experiences of last year and the
        > disappointing news that our top "Point Man" and "Deer Catcher" will
        > not be joining us on this one I've ben forced to look for technical
        > advantages to compensate.
        >
        > On the navigation front good planning and some Sat Nav units will
        keep
        > us on track however the hostile inbound 4 legged bogie problem
        > remained a concern until I invested in the "Save-a Deer" unit which
        is
        > now fitted to the front of the little Z.
        >
        > It is a small device (little bigger than your thumb nail) which is
        > stuck onto the front fairing below the headlight and as the bike
        > passes 35 mph (we should all be capable of this) the air rushing
        > through the unit emits a sound frequency which warns and often
        freezes
        > deer in their path thus avoiding painful and expensive collisions. I
        > believe the noise translates to the deer as "think you're hard ?
        Bring
        > it on nipper but remember Nancy 2007, the NTV and your fallen
        commrade
        > !" which does the trick.
        >
        > If you are interested I can secure one of these for you at the cost
        of
        > £7.50 but must have your order by return. If you elect not to buy
        one
        > I don't want any whimpering when the deer stops for me and then
        > proceeds to take you out!
        >
        > Also need to know from Mr Todd if Colin Bruce is joining us as a
        > pillion on the big Z for ferry arrangements.
        >
        > In the meantime please ensure you check your passport is valid, you
        > arrange any European breakdown cover and if necessary advise your
        > insurance company. Finding your boots is also useful at this stage.
        >
        > Once numbers are finalised I will review sleeping/tenting
        arrangements
        > and issue the usual packing list.

        Get fish-slapping on Messenger Play now!
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30 7:07 AM
          Sorry for the confusion Broon - just thought it was an interesting
          post. I'm still in because you never know, it might make a
          difference.
          Bill