Grenade Engine

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
      Gents,

      Following some short-lived intimacy between its valves and pistons, I
      must report that the Beemer 5 series engine internals have been
      reduced to shrapnel, the whole plot rolling neatly to a halt, beside
      the King Sombourne cemetery gates.

      My local scrap merchant has offered me £25.00 to take it away.
      However I know of a certain Stud Puffin who I'm sure would like to
      become the owner of this future classic.

      So Ant, if you're out there, I'm sure you won't want to miss this
      blue chip investment opportunity - send me a cheque for £700.00 and
      it's yours.

      Happy New Year!

      Todd (butch, hardened, 100% winter motorcycling man).
    • Kevin Denson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
        Todd,
           Happy new year! Bugger, but BMW's sound lovely when they go bang, don't they?

        Break it into little bits, EBay it and you will probably end up buying a 2 year old Lexus with the profits!

        Kevin 'Nobike' Denson.

        On 4 Jan 2008, at 18:05, sunlot2001 wrote:

        Gents,

        Following some short-lived intimacy between its valves and pistons, I
        must report that the Beemer 5 series engine internals have been
        reduced to shrapnel, the whole plot rolling neatly to a halt, beside
        the King Sombourne cemetery gates.

        My local scrap merchant has offered me £25.00 to take it away.
        However I know of a certain Stud Puffin who I'm sure would like to
        become the owner of this future classic.

        So Ant, if you're out there, I'm sure you won't want to miss this
        blue chip investment opportunity - send me a cheque for £700.00 and
        it's yours.

        Happy New Year!

        Todd (butch, hardened, 100% winter motorcycling man).

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
          Todd,
          In fact BMW engine internals are bulletproof, your problem was you
          didn't rev it enough. The redline is a target not a limit :-)

          'Crasher' Bill