Re: [teampfb] Re: Tankslapped

  • anthony@westdene.me.uk
    Message 1 of 52 , Nov 18, 2007
      At last a sensible note: make all the decisions and let us bitch about them. Now this seems like a trip I want to be involved with!

      Studdy

      ps the whole banjo has confused me. Are you getting ready to entertain us with a rendition of "Mammy" (I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles etc etc). I am prepared to bring a pot of boot polish. I would be a better look than normal. Could I call you Golly in future (after all it would suit your hair style).

      From: anthony@westdene. me.uk
      Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 23:10:14 +0000

      OK, what the f**k are SS bangos? and when are you going to invade Poland exactly.

      Broon, is this lack of clarity in your email, and the use of street talk a sign of a mid life crisis. Are you feeling down with your homies?

      From: jabirus@ntlworld. com
      Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:18:27 +0000
      Subject: [teampfb] Re: Tankslapped

      Broon,

      Count me in for a curry. Is "Stump Bastard" coming?

      Todd.

      --- In teampfb@yahoogroups .com, "Bill" <wiw@...> wrote:

      > Would love to. But won't be on a bike ;-)
      > Bill
      > --- In teampfb@yahoogroups .com, Ian Brown <ianpbrown@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Anyone up for a team curry or chinese night sometime in 2nd half
      > Nov ?
      > >
      > > Any suggestions on dates and venue ?
      > > Best Regards,Broon (Badger)
      > >

      > > To: teampfb@: kevindenson@ : Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:39:45
      > +0900Subject: Re: [teampfb] Re: Tankslapped
      > >

      > > Bill,
      > > You should have realised, the sprint brakes were designed to
      > stop middle aged men of a fuller figure than yourself!
      > >
      > > Best to go for a jap bike, they are designed for lightweights.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Kevin.
      > >

      > > On 13 Nov 2007, at 07:55, Bill wrote:
      > >

      > > I reckon if we averaged your brakes & those on the Sprint (RIP)
      > we'd have something about right... must try to learn how to use
      > decent brakes properly one of these days.Bill 'what happens if I
      yank
      > this *really* hard' Warburton--- In
      > teampfb@yahoogroups .com, "sunlot2001" <jabirus@> wrote:>> Bill,> >
      > Harry's right. ABS? - I'd be happy if I had a front brake I
      couldn't
      > > pull back to the handlebars!! > > the unstoppable Todd.> > > ---
      In
      > teampfb@yahoogroups .com, <anthony@> wrote:> >> > I ended up having
      > haggle a lot. The problem you have is that if > the cost of the
      > repairs exceeds the cost of the bike they will write > it off,
      > irrespective of how roadworthy it is. So, to keep your bike > you
      end
      > up compromising on the repairs you get done. In the end you > have
      > scrapper that you are desperate to offload onto one of >
      > your "mates". I was lucky but you might not find someone so stupid.

      Message -
      > ---- > > From: Bill > > To: teampfb@yahoogroups .com > > Sent:
      Monday,
      > November 12, 2007 9:01 PM> > Subject: [teampfb] Re: Tankslapped> >

      > Sprint is no more > than > > £k3 so I should imagine they'll offer
      > £k2 or thereabouts- new > fairing > > + work must be more than
      that.
      > I should imagine I'll end up > > haggling... but will be b*ggered
      if
      > I take much less tha £k3 ;-)> > > > Cheers,> > Bikeless Bill> > >
      > --
      > - In teampfb@yahoogroups .com, <anthony@> wrote:> > >> > > Hi Bill
      et
      > al. > > > > > > As a man of experience let's be clear about the
      > insurance > process. > > If your bike is written off it is taken
      away
      > and crushed. The > > business of buying it back stopped 20+ years
      > ago. This was the > > problem I had with the ZZR. They take your
      > bike, give you their > > estimation of the value (irrespective of
      how
      > much you have paid > as > > premiums) and then crush it. > > > This
      > keeps old bikes which have had major write offs from being > >
      > brought back into circulation (which is good for all of us) but >
      is
      > a > > bit annoyig when the write off is effectively a financial > >
      > transaction. > > > > > > > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- >
      >
      > > From: Bill > > > To: teampfb@yahoogroups .com > > > Sent: Sunday,
      > November 11, 2007 7:35 PM> > > Subject: [teampfb] Re: Tankslapped>

      > how long these > > things > > > take but will ask if haven't heard
      in
      > a fortnight.> > > Dunno about the Streetfight approach- if its
      > written off it > would > > be > > > difficult to insure, I should
      > imagine. > > > Have set my heart on an ABS 1050 Sprint really. They
      > can be had > > for > > > c.£k6 s/h now.> > > > > > Cheers,> > >
      Bill>
      > > > So its a case of wait & see..> > > --- In
      > teampfb@yahoogroups .com, Ian Brown <ianpbrown@> wrote:> > > >> > >
      >
      > Hi Bill,> > > > > > > > What's the news on the Sprint .... street-
      > fighter or scrap > > heap ? > > > > > > > > I'm busy working out
      the
      > route for next years outing so trust > > > you're going to have a
      > suitable steed for the event !> > > > > > > > Best Regards,> > > >
      >
      > > Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:44:51 +0000> > > > Subject: [teampfb]
      > Tankslapped> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

      > recent half-century passed without incident so it seems my > >
      inner
      > happened > > was > > > I > > > > > > > > lost concentration for a
      > moment when we were slowing down for > > the > > > > > > > >
      turning
      > into Thruxton and by the time I realised what planet > I > > was >
      >
      > > on, > > > > > > > > Chris was turning right and I grabbed a
      handful
      > of front > brake > > > whilst > > > > > > > > changing direction:
      > this appears to have pitched the Sprint > > onto > > > its > > > >

      > rest is > > > > > > > > history.> > > > > > > > I have mild
      > concussion it seems, but nothing else beyond a > few > > > bruises

      > the rubber side up ;-)> > > > > > > > Bill> > > > > > > > > > > > >
      >

      > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > >
      > 100's of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music> > > >
      > https://www. musicmashup. co.uk> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

      > message.> > > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > > Version: 7.5.503 /
      > Virus Database: 269.15.30/1125 - Release > Date: > > 11/11/2007
      > 21:50> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- ---------
      > 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.30/1125 - Release Date: >
      11/11/2007
      > 21:50> >>

      > > The next generation of MSN Hotmail has arrived - Windows Live
      > Hotmail
      > > http://www.newhotma il.co.uk

      Play Movie Mash-up and win BIG prizes!

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      Are you the Quizmaster? Play BrainBattle with a friend now!

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    • teampfb@yahoogroups.com
      Message 52 of 52 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the teampfb
        group.

        File : /Proposed Campsites PFB Tour 2008.doc
        Uploaded by : sunlot2001 <jabirus@...>
        Description : Campsite List 2008 Tour

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,